RIP Loretta

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Crystal Gayle is her sister - you know their father was a coal miner down in Butcher Holler, but is Crystal Gayle still alive? No cheating.

I had to look it up. I probably would have said that Loretta had already died. She was a country classic. She always reminded me of my aunt.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Crystal Gayle is her sister - you know their father was a coal miner down in Butcher Holler, but is Crystal Gayle still alive? No cheating.

I had to look it up. I probably would have said that Loretta had already died. She was a country classic. She always reminded me of my aunt.

I think Crystal is a little younger and still alive - can’t say the same for her career.
She had some damn good songs too

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Sounds like a threat. If so, any chance of getting a request in? I don’t know their music, but just looking at those FL-GA Line guys makes me furious.
Naw, no threat. Just that all the good country singers are all dying off. Only a few left now and even though some still tour, none ever release new songs/albums/CDs.

And don't get me started on the FL-GA Line guys. I don't want to be accused of being homophobic... :fistbump:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When I hear old singers like Loretta or Hank or Merl you realize how good they were when you hear this shttt they play on The Gator (103.7 which will ALWAYS be rock 104 to me ) or any of the other TOO many country stations around me.......

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Come to think of it, I can’t name another song by her. :lol:
“You ain’t woman enough to take my man”
“Don’t come home a drinkin with lovin on your mind”

For my taste I really enjoyed her duets with Conway Twitty.
True Americana

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
“You ain’t woman enough to take my man”
“Don’t come home a drinkin with lovin on your mind”

For my taste I really enjoyed her duets with Conway Twitty.
True Americana

Somewhere in the basement I have a picture of me standing between Conway and Loretta after a show they did in Gainesville back in the day.
This would have been late '86, and I gotta say, she was even prettier in person, not to mention just as sweet as she could be.

"As Soon As I Hang Up the Phone", "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man", and "I Still Believe in Waltzes" were also good.

For my money though, no duet partners were better than George and Tammy.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I know the other songs but never could have come up with anything other than Coal Miner’s Daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb