Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I loved how he came to this conclusion:

I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
That I would love you to the end of time
I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive

I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
But God only knows what I can do right now
:giggity:

I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do
Praying for the end of time,
So I can end my time with you!!
Concise musical description of adolescent buyer’s remorse. One of the best parts of the song is Scooter shouting “Holy Cow! I think he’s gonna make it!” Just listening to it takes me back to when I had more time than anything else. Meat Loaf pretty much performed one of the greatest teen anthems and 40 (or so) years later it still stirs my loins a bit when I hear it (unless that’s the Mexican we just had for supper). Anyway, great song about a great time in life.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
RIP to a great talent. That being said,

272347488_480328633449338_6349635995534962117_n.jpg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Seriously?
Did you not listen to music in the 70's?
His album is still ranked in the top 10 in all time sales (#9)
I just went and looked at his library. I do remember "I'd do anything for love" but not when he was really at his peak. Didn't listen to much music in the 70s, was having kids and keeping the country safe for democracy (seems like that part was a mistake). Started listening to contemporary Christian music in the mid to late 80s so not Meatloaf. Believe it or not, I didn't even own a radio in college (except the one in the car).

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I just went and looked at his library. I do remember "I'd do anything for love" but not when he was really at his peak. Didn't listen to much music in the 70s, was having kids and keeping the country safe for democracy (seems like that part was a mistake). Started listening to contemporary Christian music in the mid to late 80s so not Meatloaf. Believe it or not, I didn't even own a radio in college (except the one in the car).

Hey, thanks again for your service- seriously.

Since you’re now getting caught up, there are a couple of other artists you should check out.
One would be The Eagles and the other one you might like is Pink Floyd. There was also a pretty popular kid named Mike or Michael Jackson.
He was good too.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Hey, thanks again for your service- seriously.

Since you’re now getting caught up, there are a couple of other artists you should check out.
One would be The Eagles and the other one you might like is Pink Floyd. There was also a pretty popular kid named Mike or Michael Jackson.
He was good too.
Just so you know, the Department Head for Aerospace Engineering when I was there had a son who played for the Eagles. I have heard Hotel California once or twice. And I sang Standing on a Corner in Winslow Az just last year:).

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw meatloaf mentioned on here so I saved a few recipes.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any good ones? Have you ever tried it with a handful of shredded potatoes/hash brown thrown in to help hold it together?
I might try the shredded potatoes, I don't care for oatmeal as a binder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator