RIP rogdochar - Gatorchatter will never be the same

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read every post in this thread. Great memorial to a man's influence on the World around him.
In a very personal way, a part of my life has been removed and I'm hurt but I'm grateful for the opportunity to reflect on Rogers example to all of us.
I celebrate the life and times of a man I never met but that I loved like a Brother. My funny, sensitive, smart Gator Brother.

My sincere Testimony is, "I will miss him".

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Not that we really know someone behind the keyboards of a message board, but Rog, you could tell was always a stand-up guy with a good heart and character. He was always with some wit or pun, sometimes you couldn't even understand what exactly the joke was. But he never engaged in some of the vitriol that happens on here. Never went down to the name-calling and belittling of others. And he was always around. Kinda like that having that presence of an old faithful dog. You may not have interacted with them every day, but you knew they were always there, and when they did pass you felt a terrible loss. My deepest condolences, he will be missed.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Condolences to Rog’s family . He was a good and smart man. Also a very clever poster as well that was always good for a laugh . RIP doc .

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Condolences. I feel fortunate to have spent a little time time here with him.

It was very generous of you to have let us know.

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
A huge loss to Gatorchatter, and society at large. There was a pun that I made a couple months ago, and Rogdochar commented that he like my pun. I appreciated his appreciation of my pun.

RIP Rogdochar!

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I can't lie, when Lee "liked" some of my posts, it showed up as from Rog and my heart leapt before I realized the connection...

and I was mad again. :sadnanner:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't lie, when Lee "liked" some of my posts, it showed up as from Rog and my heart leapt before I realized the connection...

and I was mad again. :sadnanner:
Heh, sorry. I just wanted to acknowledge that Rog's family is reading all of your replies and we appreciate them. I had no idea. I was worried some of you would think this was some sort of Andy Kaufman-esque prank, that's why I wrote a novella up there. His jokes could go over my head sometimes too, as many of you said, but when they hit they hit hard. Watching a movie with him was something else...out of nowhere would come a Mystery Science Theatre 3K quip that would have me rolling...which is ironic, because he hated MST3K. He did love South Park though....he was pretty hip for a septuagenarian.

It's going to be several days before his remains are ready, lots of paperwork and such the place has to complete. I got him a biodegradable urn with starfish on it, it slowly dissipates after you place it in the ocean...don't want him braining a sea turtle on the way down or strangling a dolphin, that would bum him out. I considered getting some quick-crete, mixing his ashes in and setting it into a mold to make a playpen for coral and fish, but I foresee so many ways that could go wrong. I don't know...I'm still in some amount of shock. I agree he was a "treasure", as one of you said, maybe the Treasure Coast reefs would be an apt resting place for him. I wish he had done a little funeral planning, but most people don't...we have to play the hands we're dealt.

I'll report back in a week or so...I don't want to torture yall and open the wound repeatedly, I know you guys are genuinely sad he's passed on. We'll all eventually see him down the road. I think it would be cool if he hung around a while and went full-poltergeist on his ex-wife... :giggle:...but rattling chains isn't his style, rattling funny bones is. And he has a cruise to catch.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'll report back in a week or so...I don't want to torture yall and open the wound repeatedly, I know you guys are genuinely sad he's passed on. We'll all eventually see him down the road. I think it would be cool if he hung around a while and went full-poltergeist on his ex-wife... :giggle:...but rattling chains isn't his style, rattling funny bones is. And he has a cruise to catch.
:rotfl:
Don't know if there is a lab test or something but you definitely have some of the gift that Rog had.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Heh, sorry. I just wanted to acknowledge that Rog's family is reading all of your replies and we appreciate them. I had no idea. I was worried some of you would think this was some sort of Andy Kaufman-esque prank, that's why I wrote a novella up there. His jokes could go over my head sometimes too, as many of you said, but when they hit they hit hard. Watching a movie with him was something else...out of nowhere would come a Mystery Science Theatre 3K quip that would have me rolling...which is ironic, because he hated MST3K. He did love South Park though....he was pretty hip for a septuagenarian.

It's going to be several days before his remains are ready, lots of paperwork and such the place has to complete. I got him a biodegradable urn with starfish on it, it slowly dissipates after you place it in the ocean...don't want him braining a sea turtle on the way down or strangling a dolphin, that would bum him out. I considered getting some quick-crete, mixing his ashes in and setting it into a mold to make a playpen for coral and fish, but I foresee so many ways that could go wrong. I don't know...I'm still in some amount of shock. I agree he was a "treasure", as one of you said, maybe the Treasure Coast reefs would be an apt resting place for him. I wish he had done a little funeral planning, but most people don't...we have to play the hands we're dealt.

Maybe it’s just the wine talking but it sure would be a lot of fun if those of us who are divers could set a memorial on a reef in SoFL for Rog in his honor in a year. What a tribute.

Go Gators, Go Rog.

:chomp:

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Maybe it’s just the wine talking but it sure would be a lot of fun if some us who are divers could set a memorial on a reef in SoFL for Rog in his honor in a year. What a tribute.

Go Gators, Go Rog.

:chomp:
That sounds awesome.
I'd pitch in for a plaque or an engraved Gator

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.