RIP rogdochar - Gatorchatter will never be the same

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
. I was worried some of you would think this was some sort of Andy Kaufman-esque prank…

Your uncle would definitely be on the list of primary suspects in this group who would do something like that. And there isn’t a single person here who could avoid peeing their pants from laughter if he did.

And don’t worry about updates causing us any pain. I’ll go out on a limb and guess EVERYONE here will welcome the updates.

I’m glad you’ve caught a glimpse of the fun we’ve had here. We’re a bit like the island of misfit toys. Rog fit in well and was a huge contributor to the fun.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
We’re a bit like the island of misfit toys.

Not just an island - a damn factory. If you came here normal it won't survive the first month.

This place and the crowd grows on you. Much like an incurable hyper-aggressive fungus.

giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We’re a bit like the island of misfit toys. Rog fit in well and was a huge contributor to the fun.
And this is why it's hard when one of our own (like rog and cooter) leave us. Guys like that would never, ever survive and fit in on any other board out there.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@rogdochar
Lee, we absolutely appreciate the updates. Even though many of us don't know each other in person, this place is like a family and Rog was literally the hilarious uncle that no one could ever dislike.

Thank you for taking the time to update us when you guys are obviously dealing with so much.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're all misfits but you're my misfits!

As CD said, "it must be the wine talking".

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
We'll all eventually see him down the road. I think it would be cool if he hung around a while and went full-poltergeist on his ex-wife... :giggle:...but rattling chains isn't his style, rattling funny bones is. And he has a cruise to catch.
Alright, send her address & phone number. I’m fairly certain some here would be willing to give her a good Rogering.

RIP Doc Rog

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I keep catching myself wanting to tell others, share the sad passing of a great, funny guy...I didn't really know...who posts the same place I do...on an anonymous message board. Then I realize nobody but us really understands. And his real family, of course.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
The poster I always paused to read and ponder. Just a great wit and a keen observer. I’m not a long timer, but will miss him for sure. The board will be a poorer place without him. RIP Rog.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Not sure what the bad news was regarding your sister but we're all hoping things get better and are praying for you and your family.
I don't want to hijack rogs thread but thanks for asking.
Thanksgiving day 8 years ago she they found a tumor on her pancreas. She was lucky in they were able to remove it by performing what's known as the whipple procedure a very complicated 12 hour surgery. After 2 years it returned in her liver and was given 18 months to 2 years by UFhealth.
We decided to go to Moffit in Tampa and they put her on a high dose of chemo pills and actually shrunk all the small tumors to the point only 2 small ones remained. After 6 years her MRI Wednesday revealed they have grown tri the size of a small egg. The pills are no longer working but they are confident they can remove them if a pet scan doesn't show it has spread to other organs.
If there is a silver lining she has grown tired of the fight and has become sedantary. This seems to have energized her to fight on and isn't ready for it to end. Thank you for your prayers.

Last edited:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Stunned at this news. Rog was an icon on this board and could always be relied on to inject humor and sanity to our discussions - he brought an energy that made me think he was much younger - so Good on Ya Rog! You'll be missed dude; wish you could make one more post now that you know what it was really all about!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want to hijack rogs thread but thanks for asking.
Thanksgiving day 8 years ago she they found a tumor on her pancreas. She was lucky in they were able to remove it by performing what's known as the whipple procedure a very complicated 12 hour surgery. After 2 years it returned in her liver and was given 18 months to 2 years by UFhealth.
We decided to go to Moffit in Tampa and they put her on a high dose of chemo pills and actually shrunk all the small tumors to the point only 2 small ones remained. After 6 years her MRI Wednesday revealed they have grown tri the size of a small egg. The pills are no longer working but they are confident they can remove them if a pet scan doesn't show it has spread to other organs.
If there is a silver lining she has grown tired of the fight and has become sedantary. This seems to have energized her to fight on and isn't ready for it to end. Thank you for your prayers.
Damn T&T. Praying for you and your sister.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When I felt like I’d made a good pun, I’d tag him. But his were incessant and regularly epic. I wrote a private message to him a couple of years ago:

“My dad has been a merciless punster my whole life and I’m afflicted with the bug, too. So I’m enjoying your recent run of them very very much.

But I have to tell you - and you alone - that one of my older ones has been “There’s a vas deferens between men and women.” When I saw you pop that term I laughed and laughed. And you know I appreciate your posts generally a whole lot. Keep up the great work!

Now if you mention a trip to the Isles of Langerhans...
emoji23.png

I can’t offer more praise than comparing him to my dad, who at 84 still keeps us laughing with his quips and puns. I dread losing him and will miss @rogdochar. God bless and keep him and comfort his family and friends.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I had been traveling and just logged on, and read the sad news. A master punster Rog made me think, and laugh at his every post.

A real loss for his family, and for GC.

RIP Rog .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.