RIP Taco Bell Mexican Pizza

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mexican Pizza, a fan favorite at the chain, is among the departing items. The chain said that the packaging for the pizza accounted for more than 7 million pounds of paperboard annually in the U.S., so its departure will help Taco Bell inch closer to its sustainability goals.

taco-bell-mexican-pizza.jpg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Mexican Pizza, a fan favorite at the chain, is among the departing items. The chain said that the packaging for the pizza accounted for more than 7 million pounds of paperboard annually in the U.S., so its departure will help Taco Bell inch closer to its sustainability goals.

Yeah, I've been meaning to give one of those a try...NOT.

Paper products are mostly farm raised (on tree farms specifically for making paper) so the whole "sustainability" argument is a moot one IMO...

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Anyone remember those hexagon shaped Mexican pizzas from school? I wish I could find that supplier and get some nostalgia flowing

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember those hexagon shaped Mexican pizzas from school? I wish I could find that supplier and get some nostalgia flowing
Ours were square and crustless, and the move was to purchase an additional one and eat it like a sandwich, sometimes with some tots in the middle, you know, for optimal nutrition.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Ours were square and crustless, and the move was to purchase an additional one and eat it like a sandwich, sometimes with some tots in the middle, you know, for optimal nutrition.

We had those too but once a week we’d have the regular and one day we’d have the Mexican pizza...Marion county schools aren’t exactly known for variety or haute cuisine

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
anyone ever have that dreaded school lunch that consisted of a small dollop of mash-taters on top of a curled up semi-fried piece of bologna?
I partially blame this on my height topping out at 5' 10" while my Dad was 6' 3".

That, and my parents would smoke like chimneys in the Vista Cruiser with all the windows rolled up.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
anyone ever have that dreaded school lunch that consisted of a small dollop of mash-taters on top of a curled up semi-fried piece of bologna?
I partially blame this on my height topping out at 5' 10" while my Dad was 6' 3".

That, and my parents would smoke like chimneys in the Vista Cruiser with all the windows rolled up.

Are you Eric foreman?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

How tall was the mailman?

I kid...i kid...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The chain said that the packaging for the pizza accounted for more than 7 million pounds of paperboard annually in the U.S., so its departure will help Taco Bell inch closer to its sustainability goals.

I expected you to say it was a victim to the woke war, where it was deemed racist. Yes, for Taco Bell.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I saw this thread I about fell out. No lie. I saw the article in my feed this afternoon about them discontinuing the pizza and a couple other items and was pissed. The Mexican pizza is one of my fav 3 items on their menu. I literally get one everytime I'm there no matter what else is ordered. An hour ago I told my wife I was going to get 2. Came back a bit ago with 2 and one of those pineapple chillers. Soaked em with hot sauce and tossed em down. Threw the trash away, logged onto chatter, clicked on the lounge and see this thread.

Taco bell is dead to me now :gah:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
When I saw this thread I about fell out. No lie. I saw the article in my feed this afternoon about them discontinuing the pizza and a couple other items and was pissed. The Mexican pizza is one of my fav 3 items on their menu. I literally get one everytime I'm there no atter what else is ordered. An hour ago I told my wife I was going to get 2. Came back a bit ago with 2 and one of those pineapple chillers. Soaked em with hot sauce and tossed em down. Threw the trash, away, logged onto chatter, clicked on the lounge and see this thread.

They’re not too fond of you either from what I heard around the water cooler

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I saw this thread I about fell out. No lie. I saw the article in my feed this afternoon about them discontinuing the pizza and a couple other items and was pissed. The Mexican pizza is one of my fav 3 items on their menu. I literally get one everytime I'm there no matter what else is ordered. An hour ago I told my wife I was going to get 2. Came back a bit ago with 2 and one of those pineapple chillers. Soaked em with hot sauce and tossed em down. Threw the trash away, logged onto chatter, clicked on the lounge and see this thread.

With your history with mexican food, this is thing that upsets you? Really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator