Rivals - SEC: Breaking down the five-stars of the past four cycles

Three 5*s in 4 years.

Lulz

FLORIDA - THREE SIGNEES
Signees:

Martez Ivey
Cece Jefferson
Antonneous Clayton

Breakdown: The three five-stars for Florida have not produced and developed at a level expected from elite prospects. That could be bad coaching in Gainesville during the Jim McElwain error or it could be on the individual player but Ivey struggled against top-notch defensive ends this season and is not projected as a high draft pick. Jefferson seemed to have regressed this season and Clayton has just not been a factor for the Gators.

Farrell’s take: This number is embarrassingly low for Florida and, in my opinion, the Gatorsshould be in the 7-8 range here. A lot of that has to do with McElwain’s inability to recruit at a high level and it’s unclear if that will change under Dan Mullen. Florida needs to step it up and should be no lower than third in the conference when it comes to five-stars.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Farrell’s take: This number is embarrassingly low for Florida and, in my opinion, the Gatorsshould be in the 7-8 range here. A lot of that has to do with McElwain’s inability to recruit at a high level and it’s unclear if that will change under Dan Mullen. Florida needs to step it up and should be no lower than third in the conference when it comes to five-stars.

:mac:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
We didn't sign Grimes out of high school. But he's a 5 star also. So we had 4 on this team. Grimes needs more touches next year. He had 26 catches for 364 yards and 2 tds. He should've had at least twice that amount of receptions.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Miss me?
I can hear the cuckle coming from this gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We didn't sign Grimes out of high school. But he's a 5 star also. So we had 4 on this team. Grimes needs more touches next year. He had 26 catches for 364 yards and 2 tds. He should've had at least twice that amount of receptions.
This is true. Mullen has two five stars!

:bananadance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb