Robinson: Stuck in Admissions

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I continue to struggle with football players and academics.

The player knows what he has to do and yet there is a problem.
You take boom boom classes in high school that requires a minimal amount of work and intellectual engagement yet you still struggle to make the grades needed. Meanwhile, you have plenty of time to workout endlessly on the football side.........

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Here we go again. Thought this guy would make a real impact this year. Doubt Fsu or Bama would have any trouble getting this guy in.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise here. Admin tried to deny the kid before signing day. I figured they'd double down again when it came time to enroll. Hopefully Coach Mac can win the 2nd round too.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Here we go again. Thought this guy would make a real impact this year. Doubt Fsu or Bama would have any trouble getting this guy in.
Yea but I have to say......I always feel better knowing, as we are getting our azz handed to us by FSU, and Bama, that our admissions office is doing there part to make sure all of our players are deserving or enrollment.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What is the hold up? Does UF require a slightly higher test score or something than the NCAA?

Out of those 3 players that needed to qualify he is the 2nd most important one I think.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ugh...the one dude I thought could come in and be an X-Factor from day one on offense. I hope everything gets cleared up and he's able to enroll.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I continue to struggle with football players and academics.

The player knows what he has to do and yet there is a problem.
You take boom boom classes in high school that requires a minimal amount of work and intellectual engagement yet you still struggle to make the grades needed. Meanwhile, you have plenty of time to workout endlessly on the football side.........

Lol. I haven't heard boom boom in forever. Thumbs up for you

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When does the final decision come on this?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
What the he!!, do we want to win in football anymore? Let the kid in damn!t! Tired of this BS every year.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I don't get blaming UF admissions for having a hard time admitting a kid that had ****astic grades in HS. I think even FSU wouldn't admit him and that's saying something. At the end of the day if he can't make it in he'll go the prep school route, WV, or JUCO. He only has himself to blame and didn't this kid get accused of smoking funny cigarettes on his OSU visit or something to that effect. Then you wonder why admissions is doing their due diligence.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I don't get blaming UF admissions for having a hard time admitting a kid that had ****astic grades in HS. I think even FSU wouldn't admit him and that's saying something. At the end of the day if he can't make it in he'll go the prep school route, WV, or JUCO. He only has himself to blame and didn't this kid get accused of smoking funny cigarettes on his OSU visit or something to that effect. Then you wonder why admissions is doing their due diligence.

Not sure FSU wouldnt admit him. How many FSU commits do you hear about not qualifying?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
You know he passed NCAA requirements right?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What is the hold up? Does UF require a slightly higher test score or something than the NCAA?

Out of those 3 players that needed to qualify he is the 2nd most important one I think.

Yes.

Every school has established standards for athletes and they are all lower than those for the general student body. Some schools(like FSU and Alabama) for the most part require a pulse and a 2.0 in moron high school classes. Meanwhile UF, immersed in its self righteousness, actually tries to determine if the kid is capable of graduating before they will admit.

On one hand you can take the high road and say that you are proud that your school is more demanding or you can be more pragmatic and ask yourself why your school puts itself at such a significant disadvantage compared to nearly ALL of our primary competitors.

Personally, I used to take the high road but 8 years of sucking has changed my attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.