RUMOR: Franks laughs about getting pulled...tensions high in locker room

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, if true, I'd be really happy if more people were pissed about losing and looking like fools while scoring 2 tds per game.
That's right, there should have been a whole locker room full of pissed off players. My God, what a humiliation.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of whether this is true, Franks has never had the fire IMO. Always had a laissez faire attitude.
For a guy with a head full of brain farts, Franks' greatest talent is self-promotion. He loves the alcolades but doesn't have the brains or talent to receive them.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
But it won't make a difference if Mullen is really this bad at play-calling and in-game adjustments.
Your never going to get your wish with a Mullen offense -- it's not in his DNA. You're talking about a Scott Frost offense or equivalent.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gone. sprained ankle maybe? plans on milking it. why else write gone?

Gone for sure.
I never read tweets, but he's probably making the same decision that the Ohio State guy made if he has an injury. He's saving himself for the league. Is he that good?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I definitely saw a couple of shots with FF on the sidelines grinning and talking with team mates. For one thing FF has NO FIRE at all. If he cared at all you would see determination and most of all be pissed that he's been benched. If this tweet is even remotely true he should have his clock cleaned. I admire what Mullen has gotten out of a shyt sandwich QB in FF, but he's gotta go. In my day, I'd be pissed but be supportive of the team too. He needs to be grabbed by that go-tee and drug down the bench. I'm not so sure why coaches are playing the red-shirt rule the way they are. I guess Mullen thinks he may only have EJ for three years. Can't explain it. But now it needs to be Trask with a heavy dose of EJ. Get him ready for Miamuh next year. You could see how the team responded when Trask was in. I say go with as it appears the team will go with it. Anyone but FF.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I was talking to a friend tonight and to us the logical plan is:

A. Start Trask next week rather than play EJ against Muschamp's defense that might hurt his confidence.

B. Start EJ the following week against Idaho and give him the whole game.

C. Start Trask against FSU but give serious time to EJ.

D. Then play Trask in the bowl and EJ still gets his redshirt.

Then you have a good idea about both going into spring practice and next season.
Stupid why bother we are already a mess this would make it even worse . No consistency

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I find the rumors that Franks won't work and won't gameplan and won't pay attention simply hard to believe, because I think Mullen would have sat his ass long before now if that were true. I don't think he would tolerate that, but I guess I could be wrong.

Either that or he just thinks Franks is THAT much better than Trask and was our only hope for winning some games this year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps Mullen has reached Giranks ceiling. And teams have definitely figured that out.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
that's a pretty sketchy twitter account.
Idk if it’s been said but it was retweeted and pretty much confirmed by a highly respected NFL scout. Let me see if I can find it

Edit: a guy named Benjamin Albright retweeted it and also said he heard the same thing

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
All I know is, i agree with a tweet J retweeted from Mark Long about how Mullen isn’t a fan of these team or a lot of these players, but it is weird how consistently he stands up for Franks. Franks is the mood killer, the confidence killer, momentum killer, win killer, he needs to be gone and anyone who stands with him as our QB needs to be gone.

I was 100% confident we beat FSU and now I’m 100% we lose. Blackman just threw for 420 yards and there’s no way we match that offense blown for blow with Franks

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Ff is an emotional creature whose play goes with his emotion. DM has been babying him to keep his head straight. Time for tough love.

That said the D was as bad as FF. I would agree that the D doesn’t have the players or studs we need, just like FF. We definitely need far more strength, speed and effort.

I just hope DM has not lost the locker room due to premadonnas

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Idk if it’s been said but it was retweeted and pretty much confirmed by a highly respected NFL scout. Let me see if I can find it

Edit: a guy named Benjamin Albright retweeted it and also said he heard the same thing
confirmed and retweeted by AllKindsofWeather as well

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope to goodness it’s true otherwise an injustice is about to happen.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The problem with this is Jones would not be getting good playing time against better defenses.

This is the point, really the point of UF scheduling. Let the new guys break in against an easier opponent (and the suspended not miss a key game.) Idaho would give a Frosh QB:

1. Game experience whichi is quite different than practice experience

2. Hopefully confidence if he does well, SoCar might very well crush his confidence.

3. Have him more ready for Miami IF he wins the job next August over Trask and JJ.

Also with most season goals lost (SEC East etc) or accomplished (make a bowl game) UF should now be using these games to in part to sort out the QB mess. We need to find out first about Trask and then about JJ. Task is only a Soph himself.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This quote toward the end of the post-game conference leads me to believe Mullen may be still struggling with parts of the stench left over from Mac. We did not play with our usual intensity yesterday.

"They keep score. Someone wins and someone loses. I don't care what we're doing. If you want to thumb wrestle me right now I'm going to kick your ass. You want to go run stadiums? I'll kick your ass. If you're going to keep score and someone's going to win and someone's going to lose, I want to beat your ass.

"If we don't have that attitude in the locker room, we've got a problem. What are you doing?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator