Rumor: Meyer to step down after the season

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Rumor is, that cyst on his brain developed around the beginning of December 2009...

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Man ... I dont like to joke about people's health but this is a gold mine. I will just let it go and hope for the best for him. On the football field I hate him ... but off the football field hope he is okay.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Man ... I dont like to joke about people's health but this is a gold mine. I will just let it go and hope for the best for him. On the football field I hate him ... but off the football field hope he is okay.

Same here.

Meyer had brain surgery in the spring of 2014 after suffering consistent headaches for nearly a month. The complex surgery removed a subdural fluid collection caused by the cyst to relieve increased intracranial pressure, according to Dr. Thomas.

“Over the last few years, I’ve felt better and, with the help of my doctors, learned to manage it and monitor it with medication,” Meyer said in a phone interview. “I’m optimistic that this time won’t be any different.”

Meyer decided to outline his medical history because of persistent questions about his future as Ohio State’s coach. He reiterated to Yahoo Sports that he has no plans to step down at Ohio State, but wanted to be fully transparent about his health issues to alleviate questions about his future. “I just want people to know what’s going on,” Meyer said. “I’ve been dealing with this for several years.”

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
@PeteThamel: News: Ohio State coach Urban Meyer details struggle with cyst in his brain, "aggressive headaches" and addresses future with @YahooSports. Ohio State's Urban Meyer addresses his future, details history of brain surgery and 'aggressive headaches'

e762e81676b698d43d52a8bbbd628edd.gif

I kid, I kid. Hope it's nothing but the stress is obviously an issue. Retire.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll joke about the esophogeal spasms, but not this. Why put yourself through the pain? You've accomplished enough and will never have to worry about money, just call it quits.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I'll joke about the esophogeal spasms, but not this. Why put yourself through the pain? You've accomplished enough and will never have to worry about money, just call it quits.

THIS!!

Once you need brain surgery, and have the means to retire or do something else, that is what you should do.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll keep my mouth shut... just like he and his wife did about domestic abuse. #StandTogetherInSilence

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
It's so hard to tell with Urban. He is such a liar and quite a selective reporter of his medical history.

The Internist's comments are the only part of the story you can bank on:

The past four years, we’ve been working closely with coach Meyer to monitor and manage the symptoms that have risen from his enlarged congenital arachnoid cyst,” said Dr. Andrew Thomas, Meyer’s personal physician and the chief clinical officer at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center. “This includes aggressive headaches, which have particularly flared up the past two years.”

Meyer had brain surgery in the spring of 2014 after suffering consistent headaches for nearly a month. The complex surgery removed a subdural fluid collection caused by the cyst to relieve increased intracranial pressure, according to Dr. Thomas.

Only Meyer and his Doctors know which medications are being used to "manage" the condition. Sounds like anxiolytic meds to me.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you gave me 20 mill then said I could "enjoy" some wonderful Ohio winters for 20 mil more..... the answer is easy.

His health.... yeah he needs to take care of his health.

In the words of Capt Willard, chef is wrapped too tight for Vietnam, probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is not a guy who can "retire". Especially in his early 50's. That's part of his problem.
He climbed the mountain again. Proved he could. What does he have left to prove.

He can still bang young girls as a retiree.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
He climbed the mountain again. Proved he could. What does he have left to prove.

He can still bang young girls as a retiree.
He is the Tiger Woods of coaching. Urbs wouldn't know what to do in the morning if he couldn't go to work. I doubt he wants to hang out with Shelley. No way he has any actual friends.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Reflux/Espohageal Spasms is one thing. When they're drilling in your brain that's another. Won't poke fun at this one. Hope he does well.

But if he's on the other sideline. It's on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator