Rumor: Meyer to step down after the season

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Didn’t cowherd claim to who UF was going to hire when he hired Champ? Kept saying the hint was S.T.A.B. Or something like that. Don’t know if he was ever able to make it connect to Champ, did he ever say what that meant?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t cowherd claim to who UF was going to hire when he hired Champ? Kept saying the hint was S.T.A.B. Or something like that. Don’t know if he was ever able to make it connect to Champ, did he ever say what that meant?
I remember that. It elicited a long speculative thread on GSMB over who the mystery STAB man was.

Should have meant Sending Texas A Bill.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cowherd was full of cow pies then and he’s pretty much full of them now. I’m not saying Urban isn’t going to retire (again) after this season, but Cowherd doesn’t have two sources telling him this. At most he has two people speculating and exaggerating the situation, so he’s running with it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cowherd was full of cow pies then and he’s pretty much full of them now. I’m not saying Urban isn’t going to retire (again) after this season, but Cowherd doesn’t have two sources telling him this. At most he has two people speculating and exaggerating the situation, so he’s running with it.
Well, let's face it. At this point, anyone with half a brain and occasionally reading the sports pages could speculate that Meyer was not long for the Ohio State job. Those images from last weekend just reinforced it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know the general perception has always been that he stuck it to UF with the way he left, and then resurfaced so quickly at Osu.

But if this is true, I think it’s not only a bad look for him, but it also somewhat vindicates UF. He’s a great coach, maybe the best, in limited spurts. But he officially can’t sustain it. It isn’t now, nor has it ever been, a UF problem. If Osu was truly that much better of a job, it surely would’ve reaped more than it has in his time. It simply hasn’t, with more time than his UF tenure to do it.

If he’d stuck it out here, in the 8 seasons, he could’ve accomplished the exact same thing(1 additional title) and wouldn’t be seen in the same light as this flaky guy that is always a second away from some new excuse for leaving. We weren’t anymore broken then than Osu is now. It’s clearly him, and he’s made bad choices that will stain his legacy. Should’ve stayed at UF and become an absolute legend instead of being the brunt of jokes and thought of as a weirdo who lets his wife sleep with players. What a bad ending for a once in a generation coaching mind.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've actually had the opportunity to see a couple fenestrations of sub arachnoid cysts in my career where they basically open up the cyst and let the fluid drain out. Those cysts can be pretty large like a golf ball or bigger or the size of a pea. Either way they can hurt like a mofo and can become debilitating.

There's a couple ways to treat those cysts and I'd be curious to know what kind of procedure Meyer had. I'm almost 100% sure he didn't undergo a craniotomy because I don't think his cyst was very big and that's a more involved and tricky procedure. He probably either had a shunt placed which isn't too involved or he had a burr hole with aspiration, also not too involved. Of course it's easy for me to say it's not too involved when it isn't my brain being probed.

What ever the case, I imagine stress can cause those things to flair up because of the increase in blood pressure which can make every beat of the heart feel like an ice pick being stabbed into your brain. So yeah, he should take his millions and hang it up. Nothing's worth that.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Just wait until the elephants drop 60 on them in the playoffs, they will fire Kelly instantly if they have a shot at Meyer.
They won't fire him instantly, but he will come back down to earth at 8-4 and be fired. And then boom urbs in his dream job.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
He's going to coach the Browns.

He needs that like a hole in the head..

giphy.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I know the general perception has always been that he stuck it to UF with the way he left, and then resurfaced so quickly at Osu.

But if this is true, I think it’s not only a bad look for him, but it also somewhat vindicates UF. He’s a great coach, maybe the best, in limited spurts. But he officially can’t sustain it. It isn’t now, nor has it ever been, a UF problem...

We weren’t anymore broken then than Osu is now. It’s clearly him...

I believe meyer is partly to blame, but I also think foley’s refusal to see the direction of college football (see: arms race) was/is a bigger factor. Let’s hope DM’s new football facility has no more delays, with proactive reviews of other needed facility upgrades (athletic dorms?).

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
M3, go spend your money and relax, geez, what’s the old saying... can’t take it with you and lord knows my goal wouldn’t be to leave it “all” for others. Yes, retire already.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
M3, go spend your money and relax, geez, what’s the old saying... can’t take it with you and lord knows my goal wouldn’t be to leave it “all” for others. Yes, retire already.

I think the true competitors don’t know what else to do with their time and don’t want to quit. The Bear died within months of retirement, I think.

But yeah, based on current salaries, all I would need is 2 years as a HC and retire quite comfortably. I just can’t even fathom that much disposable income.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
STAB was a reference to Same Time As Before ... meaning, dumb arse Foley was trying his hardest to go get Stoops again.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I've spent time reading this entire thread trying to develop concern about what happens to UM and OSU. But I couldn't care less he walked out of Gainesville clutching his chest and now clutching his head up there. It's like Groundhog Day

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He needs that like a hole in the head..

giphy.gif

Can you imagine him trying to get life insurance if he took that job? I’m not sure which would be the more damning pre existing condition, his cysts or just the Browns themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb