Rumor: Meyer to step down after the season

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine him trying to get life insurance if he took that job? I’m not sure which would be the more damning pre existing condition, his cysts or just the Browns themselves.
I wouldn't think someone worth 50 million would need life insurance. His wife would probably manage to scrape by.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Didn’t cowherd claim to who UF was going to hire when he hired Champ? Kept saying the hint was S.T.A.B. Or something like that. Don’t know if he was ever able to make it connect to Champ, did he ever say what that meant?
I believe Cowherd tried to save face after the fact and say the clue was a reference to Muschamp stabbing Texas in the back. If you recall he was the HCIW there. Of course it was a total crock. He didn't know anymore than the average Joe did.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I find it odd that Urban's medical issues always seem to coincide with Lockerroom issues.

I told a friend, an OSU alumnus, don't be surprised if Urban runs into problems all of a sudden he has medical problems.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
This is just so hard to believe (the medical part of it). Florida starts to struggle and "heart" issues appear. Ohio State struggles and now it's "brain cysts". He's a great head coach, that's evident but he really needs a Co-head coach with him to handle the players and keep control of the culture of his programs. With the kids he recruited here and the culture he allowed to brew we were a mess by the time his "heart issues" came up. Same thing with Ohio State.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I kinda think this go around his health issues are a serious issue. I also kinda think that he had some health issues when he was here at UF but used it to escape the problems he allowed to fester and grow. What I have issues with is how he built a program and then just quit on it once it went south. I also have a problem with him quitting one day and then rehiring himself the next day for the sake of trying to steer Foley in the direction of keeping Addazio as the head coach. He left us saying 'Florida is broken'. He broke Florida and left. That is what I have a problem with. Hope he gets healthy though.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CFB does not need a high profile HC splashing headlines with unprivate health issues. Just retire and let good memories grow. CFB around Meyer has gravitated towards soap opera.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is just so hard to believe (the medical part of it). Florida starts to struggle and "heart" issues appear. Ohio State struggles and now it's "brain cysts". He's a great head coach, that's evident but he really needs a Co-head coach with him to handle the players and keep control of the culture of his programs. With the kids he recruited here and the culture he allowed to brew we were a mess by the time his "heart issues" came up. Same thing with Ohio State.

Totally agree. Two things about Meyer's culture. One, not so sure that he has a culture that everyone knows about. Two, some of his asst. coaching hires have reason to give his culture a problem or perhaps let things manifest.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
With Meyer it's always ALL about Urban, never about the team or university. When the heat gets too high (internal problems or being eclipsed by another coach) he gets sick and bails out attempting to become a sympathetic figure.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he'll get Adazzio to come in as interim HC?
You apparently didn't read the link. It'll come after the 2019 season. Day is the coach in waiting.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
"While Urban has stated repeatedly publicly that he plans to coach next year, sources tell FootballScoop that the Ohio State head coach continues to contemplate his future on an ongoing basis, and we hear he has told Gene Smith that he doesn’t expect to continue to coach past the 2019 season. One source told us we should expect Urban to address this in the days following Saturday’s Big Ten Championship."

Reading between the lines ... sure sounds familiar to me. Is he taking another year off while remaining as the HBC? CUM is a man of patterns and this pattern is all too familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.