Rumor: Meyer to step down after the season

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Kelly ain't going anywhere. Meyer better be sure he's ready to jump out of the fire. Getting back in won't be as simple next time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Kelly ain't going anywhere. Meyer better be sure he's ready to jump out of the fire. Getting back in won't be as simple next time.
Yeah, who would want that loser?

I’ll bet you ND would fire Kelly tomorrow if they could get Urban.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This next retirement is perma-done. He looks miserable out there. I'm surprised if he comes back next year. Is their QB going pro or does he have another yr left? I can see him leaving when his QB does.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, who would want that loser?

I’ll bet you ND would fire Kelly tomorrow if they could get Urban.
I'll double the bet that they wouldn't. They're undefeated. You can't improve on that.

Of course Meyer would be highly sought after if he quit and came back. Point I was trying to make was he's all but Notre Damed his way through all the available "dream" jobs. He'd have to wait for the right timing, which may or may not come. He's not getting any younger -- or healthier.

You know you can get six highly productive years out of the guy before he flames out. Would the back end of the next six be just as good? Maybe, maybe not. Takes a lot energy to do what he's done. Can he summon it again?

Lol, buddy, I knew you were gonna bite at my post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll double the bet that they wouldn't. They're undefeated. You can't improve on that.

Of course Meyer would be highly sought after if he quit and came back. Point I was trying to make was he's all but Notre Damed his way through all the available "dream" jobs. He'd have to wait for the right timing, which may or may not come. He's not getting any younger -- or healthier.

You know you can get six highly productive years out of the guy before he flames out. Would the back end of the next six be just as good? Maybe, maybe not. Takes a lot energy to do what he's done. Can he summon it again?

Lol, buddy, I knew you were gonna bite at my post.
Undefeated, yeah yeah yeah. They are one of the weakest undefeated teams ever, with their usual crap schedule. They are going to get waxed in the playoff and everyone knows it, certainly including Brian Kelly, who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He always puts the softest teams out there, teams that get crushed against the true elites. Seriously, who ever even mentions Brian Kelly when discussing top coaches? Most people don't even know who the coach of ND is.

Again, Notre Dame would publicly fire Kelly TOMORROW if they knew they could land Meyer. Yup, right here heading into their playoff game.

With Meyer, they would actually be able to field teams that could win it all, instead of the loose puddle of diarrhea known as the 2018 Fighting Irish.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Undefeated, yeah yeah yeah. They are one of the weakest undefeated teams ever, with their usual crap schedule. They are going to get waxed in the playoff and everyone knows it, certainly including Brian Kelly, who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He always puts the softest teams out there, teams that get crushed against the true elites. Seriously, who ever even mentions Brian Kelly when discussing top coaches? Most people don't even know who the coach of ND is.

Again, Notre Dame would publicly FIRE Kelly TOMORROW if they knew they could land Meyer. Yup, right here heading into their playoff game.

With Meyer, they would actually be able to field teams that could win it all.
Probably not without sacrificing a few nuns in the process.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Brian Kelly ain't going anywhere.

Not true. Kelly has wanted an NFL job for a few years. None would talk to him. It is being reported by a couple sources that a few teams are interested this year. Whether he actually gets a job is another story. There are a number of quality candidates this year. I'm hoping the jags fire Moron and that Butters-esque staff.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not true. Kelly has wanted an NFL job for a few years. None would talk to him. It is being reported by a couple sources that a few teams are interested this year. Whether he actually gets a job is another story. There are a number of quality candidates this year. I'm hoping the jags fire Moron and that Butters-esque staff.
You'll need to duke it out with Ox. He wants to diminish Kelly's season by pointing out their sked is weak, and he may have a point. Although he'll get nowhere with ND fans until they lose.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You'll need to duke it out with Ox. He wants to diminish Kelly's season by pointing out their sked is weak, and he may have a point. Although he'll get nowhere with ND fans until they lose.

I don’t see any scenario where they don’t get absolutely smoked in their first game.

They seem like the team that the committee forgets about each week when they’re mapping out the final 4. Then somebody in the room is like , “wait, what about Notre Dame?”, and there’s a collective thinking of, “oh ****, forgot about them. Did they not lose this week?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.