Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
You can’t do shyt with one foot out the door. Hell, he couldn’t with both feet in the door. Surely the UAA knows this and will force his hand.. I know, I should stop calling them Surely.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The program was a dumpster fire when Mullen took over. Until a month ago the program was trending upwards (defense excepted). So, Mullen has fulfilled his purpose. Now that he wants to leave I think he should be accommodated. We know (look at Butters' last year) what happens when a coach wants to leave a program. The only remaining coach I can stomach is Johnson, and if the UAA can't hire someone good I could support him as interim head coach as long as the rest of the coaching staff is gone.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
And personally I think this sucks. I know a lot of people don’t like Mullen. But I think he has restored our offensive prowress, repaired relationships with high schools, and got people excited about the Gators again.

His biggest weakness (to me) is that he is more concerned about loyalty than production with his coaching staff. I don’t know if it’s a cycle he can break. But I have enjoyed watching the Gators over the last two years more than any other time since 2009.

I don’t know how going into another coaching search is going to help the program.

I think that all but the most extreme haters will acknowledge that Mullen has done some good things, mostly on the offensive side. But his recruiting, staff selection, and game management, they are what they are. He has reached his ceiling. I'm happy that we have improved but I'm not okay with where we are and since I believe that he has reached his ceiling, then time to move on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Parallels with Mac’s exit. A team issue that demonstrated a lack of compliance, a series of comments that brought embarrassment to the program, an ugly loss to punctuate the growing mess.

Who knows? They could negotiating his exit as we go back and forth.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Parallels with Mac’s exit. A team issue that demonstrated a lack of compliance, a series of comments that brought embarrassment to the program, an ugly loss to punctuate the growing mess.

Who knows? They could negotiating his exit as we go back and forth.

Not really.

Dan Mullen - 29-9
McStank - 22-12

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I think this will be the opportunity Fuchs needs to deemphasize football. Florida will lead the way in reducing football scholies to 22 (one for each side of the ball) and the new coach will be an Ivy League coordinator. Maybe he will even try to form an academic sports league for the south. You know, Vandy, Rice, Tulane, Embry Riddle, etc.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just waiting on Williston for breaking news. Any minute here brother on Mullen to the NFL and some hot targets for HBC at UF.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I just dont see how this UAA would fire Dan for cause over the recruiting violations. What coach would want to work here if the UAA did that? The optics are horrible. While we all have serious issues with the way the program is going, the outside perspective is that Dan came in and fixed a broken program. He is the winningist 3 year head coach of Florida of all time (I think, read that in one of the articles but didnt verify it). Again, I know we have opinions about the failures he is making but the outside perspective is very high on the job Mullen has done. I seriously think the UAA values that perspective.

Maybe so if the recruiting violations were unintentional but reading the article, it seems like Mullen knowingly violated rules in a nefarious manner (i.e.-texting the player ahead of time to coordinate what otherwise may have appeared to be an unintended encounter in the coach's office). Doing these things deliberately puts a whole new spin on this, IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe so if the recruiting violations were unintentional but reading the article, it seems like Mullen knowingly violated rules in a nefarious manner (i.e.-texting the player ahead of time to coordinate what otherwise may have appeared to be an unintended encounter in the coach's office). Doing these things deliberately puts a whole new spin on this, IMO.
I thought it was English in Seattle.

I did not know it was Cousin Eddie.

I also did not know it was on deniably pre-planned.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Agree. I went through their kitchen cabinets and found a large disparity in condiments.

Not really.

One of them was all homemade condiments.

AR-170918831.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No matter the outcome here, I think the discussion is going to swing back to the embarrassing delay in starting the standalone. It’s unfathomable to think that it’s 2021 and we’re still using outdated facilities. Yes, there is a plan. No, it is not accompanied in any shape or form by a sense of urgency.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else think that Mullen would have been fired by now if Frank's never had gotten injured? His best achievements here are due to playing the QB he never wanted.

Let's face it, Mullen isn't a great QB developer. He's had great QBs carry him throughout his entire career.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think I felt something move down there. But I must contain myself until something official.

Sure will be funny when ole Cousin Eddie finds out there is zero interest in him by any NFL GM's and owners as a HC and he ends up coaching WR's for the Tinerc Titans.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lots of smoke that since Urban has been passed up at Jacksonville, for Marvin Lewis, he has interest in us.

Fooley and Stricklin said send a resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator