Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
We dont need to RAISE money. FOOTBALL generates 140ish million every fuchsing year.

What you need to RAISE money for are all the nonprofit sports.

What we need to do is spend most of the football money on football.for ONE FUCHSING YEAR. just once.

Much less tell everyone you are raising money for football, get it, then say “jk, that money was just part one and was for baseball, now part two is for football” ***wink wink.

And then Donkey rips you on the Twitter machine

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Much less tell everyone you are raising money for football, get it, then say “jk, that money was just part one and was for baseball, now part two is for football” ***wink wink.

And then Donkey rips you on the Twitter machine
has ANYONE important even called them outon that?

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I didn't disagree with the penny pinching on facilities in the beginning or the arms race. It certainly seemed like some schools were going to spend themselves into a corner, but once that TV money started rolling in, it saved those that overspent and punished those left behind.
It was a gamble that paid off. That's what successful entrepreneurs and companies do...they take risks...calculated but they make risky decisions in order to take the next step. UAA should have known GD well that they needed to be in that race. They played it safe and got left behind all the while making sure they were title IX compliant, diverse and spending money on dumb ****.

But if you go to Clemson, Bama, pOSU etc, you will probably find that those same facilities that we opted to spend boats loads of money on other than FB are as good if not better than ours. That's because what snowflakes...and I am sure UAA and the Univ. admin in general is filled with....failed to acknowledge is that D1 football in the power 5 pays for EVERYTHING. One of my feminists prof. at UF tried to make the point that as a generator of revenue football was greatly exaggerated and most of the revenue raised had to go back into the program. That was in 97, right after we won or first natty. That same year the girls soccer team made this European tour playing soccer and getting there azz handed to them. I remember Mo Collins pointing out that they had won a NC and the girls soccer team got to go on a European vacation. "I'm done busting my ass for these Mofo's". God rest his soul.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's certainly possible. But as the Only Gators article points out, in many respects Mullen’s frustration is due to a flawed approach by our entire AD. He wants to compete and they aren’t allowing it, or have prioritized completely differently. That’s the part the concerns me. Are there better coaches out there? Yes. But this would be the second coach in 5 years that has called out UF’s commitment to football and is essentially scolded for doing so, while fan expectations continue on undeterred. That’s a toxic recipe. I’m not saying we’re wrong, or putting it all on that. But at some point, how desirable does the job become when you knowingly inherit less support and yet expectations as high as those that have more.

Kind of a wordy way of staying the obvious, that we need a massive wholesale change from the top down. But do we really know exactly what we have with Mullen given the garbage approach we’ve employed since the mid-00s? And does that approach have a lot to do with why he was “chosen” in the first place as two top tier candidates chose other jobs? Yes, the behavior is frustrating and I didn’t like the end of this year, nor the idea of him looking elsewhere every few years. But we have a major issue that runs way deeper than Dan Mullen, and whether it’s a firing or the replacement of a leaving HC, especially with how he’s largely viewed by many of those within Gator Nation, compared to those outside it, it’s simply not a good look. Like Mullen or not, he’s basically pushing the same argument as virtually all of us here, and both parties have acknowledged that until that changes, we’re at a significant disadvantage.

This is all true as well. There needs to be a complete restructure of the UAA, top to bottom. The reason that we are in this situation with a middling coach is because of the lack of resources they have amassed. We need to have a program changer to come in similar to Pell which was followed by Spurrier and then Meyer that not only sells their vision to kids but also to the administration. Mullen is a guy that wants to be elite, but doesn't want to put in the work. The UAA views this all as business decisions, but without someone making a case for those improvements to be prioritized why are they going to. But it has to be a strong case, stronger than in places like Alabama, Clemson, etc... because of the set mindset of the last 15 years.

We have seen how Mullen talks to the media in a professional capacity, can you see that same guy talking to the management trying to sell his visual and giving a case for why it's important? In this aspect of the job, Butters was more of a game changer to the administration, and that is a low bar. Muschamp was just happy to have the position.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This is all true as well. There needs to be a complete restructure of the UAA, top to bottom. The reason that we are in this situation with a middling coach is because of the lack of resources they have amassed. We need to have a program changer to come in similar to Pell which was followed by Spurrier and then Meyer that not only sells their vision to kids but also to the administration. Mullen is a guy that wants to be elite, but doesn't want to put in the work. The UAA views this all as business decisions, but without someone making a case for those improvements to be prioritized why are they going to. But it has to be a strong case, stronger than in places like Alabama, Clemson, etc... because of the set mindset of the last 15 years.

We have seen how Mullen talks to the media in a professional capacity, can you see that same guy talking to the management trying to sell his visual and giving a case for why it's important? In this aspect of the job, Butters was more of a game changer to the administration, and that is a low bar. Muschamp was just happy to have the position.

THIS...I am afraid with the likes of Fuchs it won't happen any time soon.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
All Mullen has to do is avoid the disaster season that the last 2 coaches couldn't. If he averages 8-9 wins per season and makes a bowl game every year he will be here forever. He's exactly what the AD wants.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
THIS...I am afraid with the likes of Fuchs it won't happen any time soon.

The man on the top is a football guy. He hired Pell. The man in the middle is a football guy. He hired Spurrier.

The man on the bottom goes to all the baseball games.

e398b6338b57516f1a836fc86e4088fd.jpg

32d088d22d11b2a2c960348f53127a22.jpg

1efafa42c04d8f70dbea6513ab6eb1e8.jpg

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
All Mullen has to do is avoid the disaster season that the last 2 coaches couldn't. If he averages 8-9 wins per season and makes a bowl game every year he will be here forever. He's exactly what the AD wants.

Can you say UGA?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The man on the top is a football guy. He hired Pell. The man in the middle is a football guy. He hired Spurrier.

Speaks Volumes

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Scott was stuffed into lockers daily in HS by the football team. Until the AD offices are cleaned out, we're Fuchsed.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was a gamble that paid off. That's what successful entrepreneurs and companies do...they take risks...calculated but they make risky decisions in order to take the next step. UAA should have known GD well that they needed to be in that race. They played it safe and got left behind all the while making sure they were title IX compliant, diverse and spending money on dumb ****.

But if you go to Clemson, Bama, pOSU etc, you will probably find that those same facilities that we opted to spend boats loads of money on other than FB are as good if not better than ours. That's because what snowflakes...and I am sure UAA and the Univ. admin in general is filled with....failed to acknowledge is that D1 football in the power 5 pays for EVERYTHING. One of my feminists prof. at UF tried to make the point that as a generator of revenue football was greatly exaggerated and most of the revenue raised had to go back into the program. That was in 97, right after we won or first natty. That same year the girls soccer team made this European tour playing soccer and getting there azz handed to them. I remember Mo Collins pointing out that they had won a NC and the girls soccer team got to go on a European vacation. "I'm done busting my ass for these Mofo's". God rest his soul.
Gamble, insinuates they thought more revenue would occur. I disagree. I think you had a few who just loved football and wanted to win : Bama, LSU, A&M. LSU went in debt to make it occur. Not sure how much of Bama and A&M was private. But these were schools who made football a priority. They got lucky that the TV money came in and they were already down this path. They were fortunate, but not because of a gamble. They just love football.....UF doesn’t

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. LSU went in debt to make it occur.
not sure why you think they're in debt. all those school make about as much money as we do on football.

you can build a hundred million dollar football facility every year and not be in debt if you spend your football money on football.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Baseball?
ukGm72ZLZvYfS.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads