Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I know you guys are ate up about Gator football but get real. The UF President is the de factor president of the UAA, otherwise the NCAA would not accept us into the fold. The purpose of college athletics is to prepare student athletes for leadership in the real world not prepare illiterates for pro careers. I am in favor of having no special qualifiers at all. Recruiting should be from the pool of students that have been accepted to the University and those admissions should be checked by an independent committee. Parity would ensue and Bama could go pound sand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
for the bolded above, do your own research before spouting off at the lips with your negative slant/perception.
Go.fvkk yourself with a baseball bat.

Hell, it isnt hard for you to figure how how many commits didnt make it to campus and/or were sent to community college.

instead you try to comfort yourself with the same old bull**** every losing team does that we only take the smart ones and we're not paying our players.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Hell, it isnt hard for you to figure how how many commits didnt make it to campus and/or were sent to community college.

instead you try to comfort yourself with the same old bull**** every losing team does that we only take the smart ones and we're not paying our players.
We don't, we are and its still wrong.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

I think you meant go fuchs yourself.
:peabody:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
for the bolded above, do your own research before spouting off at the lips with your negative slant/perception.
flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
you can believe it all you want but University of Florida regularly takes players that can't get into Auburn or even Miami, to the tune of four or five per year.

hell some of these non-qualifiers can't even get into community college.

the problem is that no one who can get in it another school wants to sign for Mullins, plain and simple.

Really? No... you need to do your research...Florida loses far more to Academics than schools like Auburn.

We are also harder on disciplinary issues compared to most major programs. Other schools have rapist winning Heismans.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I know you guys are ate up about Gator football but get real. The UF President is the de factor president of the UAA, otherwise the NCAA would not accept us into the fold. The purpose of college athletics is to prepare student athletes for leadership in the real world not prepare illiterates for pro careers. I am in favor of having no special qualifiers at all. Recruiting should be from the pool of students that have been accepted to the University and those admissions should be checked by an independent committee. Parity would ensue and Bama could go pound sand.

I disagree. I think its time to just go ahead and make NFL career a program of study in the curriculum. It could encompass everything from front office, management, protocols, coaching and the obvious playing. Players can still major in other studies if they qualify but those that just want to play football can get a degree in NFL whatever. That is what these players want to do. Most are not interested in getting their engineering degree, the pre med, their business degree and so on. Stop putting lipstick on this pig and just let the pig be the pig.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Kadarius Toney and Chris Rainey did fine at UF.

please tell me how hard the academics are for football players.
I had an “in” and got the study guide provided to the football players for a few marketing tests. Those guides were basically the tests with an extra question or two thrown in. You’d have to be a moron or lazy AF to fail that test.

However, that marketing test, even with the answers handed to me, would be more difficult than something at Bama or FSU.

Never underestimate people’s laziness. It’s amazing the great lengths people will go to avoid work. These athletes, who have no confidence (or more accurately, ability) to study for a test, don’t want anything that’s .1% harder than the bare minimum.

When UF preaches great academics, all they hear is more work

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
not sure why you think they're in debt. all those school make about as much money as we do on football.

you can build a hundred million dollar football facility every year and not be in debt if you spend your football money on football.
It was from an article from years ago, pre TV hike. They specifically mentioned LSU and the debt they were incurring. I think it was associated with a stadium expansion....2006ish.

heck we were at $119m at the end of 2019. A $43k increase over 2018. Not including CPLTD. And we’re known for having an aversion to risk. You honestly think programs don’t go into debt? Probably a ton of money being borrowed right now with institutional rates so low.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It was from an article from years ago, pre TV hike. They specifically mentioned LSU and the debt they were incurring. I think it was associated with a stadium expansion....2006ish.

heck we were at $119m at the end of 2019. A $43k increase over 2018. Not including CPLTD. And we’re known for having an aversion to risk. You honestly think programs don’t go into debt? Probably a ton of money being borrowed right now with institutional rates so low.

LSU was depending on filling 100K stadium...for years. The Athletic Department at LSU also gives a large share to the University...Not jut athletics.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I had an “in” and got the study guide provided to the football players for a few marketing tests. Those guides were basically the tests with an extra question or two thrown in. You’d have to be a moron or lazy AF to fail that test.

However, that marketing test, even with the answers handed to me, would be more difficult than something at Bama or FSU.

Never underestimate people’s laziness. It’s amazing the great lengths people will go to avoid work. These athletes, who have no confidence (or more accurately, ability) to study for a test, don’t want anything that’s .1% harder than the bare minimum.

When UF preaches great academics, all they hear is more work

When I was a Grad Student at LSU...almost 40 years ago...Football Players would openly cheat during tests...A friend of mine was proctoring during a test...A class geared for non-AG students...VERY BASIC. My friend was going to report the student for openly cheating...The PLAYER stood up to read the answers off another test...My friend wanted him flunked...

His Major Professor said, "We don't touch football players. If you want to report him I can't stop you BUT You'll never GRADUTE if you do and they'll be nothing I can do to stop it!"

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Fire Mullen. Don’t fire Mullen. It doesn’t matter. Our problems go deeper.
Until we dedicate the same resources as bama, UGAy et al we will be 2nd tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator