Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Fire Mullen. Don’t fire Mullen. It doesn’t matter. Our problems go deeper.
Until we dedicate the same resources as bama, UGAy et al we will be 2nd tier.

But we'll get to play in Bowl Games...Maybe a New Years 6?...JOY

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Really? No... you need to do your research...Florida loses far more to Academics than schools like Auburn.

We are also harder on disciplinary issues compared to most major programs. Other schools have rapist winning Heismans.
The NFL should set up and fund a minor league system instead of using university resources to train these kids for free, many of whom have no inclination to cross the threshold of a college classroom except as a pipeline to the NFL. This would go a long way toward cleaning up a dirty institution. This would restore the original concept of 'student athelete'.
Apologies if this point has already been made here...didn't have time to scroll 31 pages.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
@PFF_College: Dan Mullen, PFF's Coach of the Year

giphy.gif

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Name one recruit that UF took that was unable to qualify on academics.
Bonus points will be deducted if in their first year they:
- later transferred or
- entered the portal or
- quit or
- left because of home sickness or
- left because they realized they were too far away from Mommy
Leave Cam Newton out of this. ;)

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Leave Cam Newton out of this. ;)

I am not aware that sCam Newton did NOT qualify, academically, to get into UF. If that is the case then score one against me.

However, he also left (i.e. transferred) on his own because he didn't want to pay for all of his parking tickets, for a laptop that he threw out of his dorm window and because he thought he wouldn't see the field ahead of Tebow.

It could be argued that he may not be able to remain at UF, academically, but I'm pretty sure he initially made the grades in HS and SAT/ACT to get into UF.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I am not aware that sCam Newton did NOT qualify, academically, to get into UF. If that is the case then score one against me.

However, he also left (i.e. transferred) on his own because he didn't want to pay for all of his parking tickets, for a laptop that he threw out of his dorm window and because he thought he wouldn't see the field ahead of Tebow.

It could be argued that he may not be able to remain at UF, academically, but I'm pretty sure he initially made the grades in HS and SAT/ACT to get into UF.
sCam got in when the university was still allowing "those types." As I've said, Fuchs and crew won't do that ever again.

Actually, you've got why Cam left wrong. He left because he was going in front of the "honor council" (or whatever it's called) for a paper that wasn't his and the writing was on the wall that they were going to bounce him from UF and that would have made him transferring to an MSU/Auburn "problematic," so, he left. The other stuff always gets talked about, but the paper thing was very real.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Cam left because he was getting kicked out. So he quit before he got kicked out. That effer tells the story like he left because of Tebow and not getting playing time when the truth was he left because he got caught cheating multiple times along with stealing the laptop and was about to face the consequences.

F Cam.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps you remember this...
"Diwan Black, who is now considered a member of the 2021 cycle, ended up taking the JUCO route after announcing several months ago that he did not qualify to attend UF."
:deadhorse:
mutha fuchser were BURNED a class slot on him!!!!! we took him in the class, and we did so after Auburn pulled up because it was obvious he was never going to qualify.

and many others that never made it to class or to the football field.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
mutha fuchser were BURNED a class slot on him!!!!! and we did so after Auburn pulled up because it was obvious he was never going to qualify.

and many others that never made it to class or to the football field.

So, in short, he couldn't qualify and didn't get into UF until AFTER he went the JUCO route and could qualify.

Got it.

Thanks. :exactly:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, in short, he couldn't qualify and didn't get into UF until AFTER he went the JUCO route and could qualify.

Got it.

Thanks. :exactly:
that is so stupid it should make your head hurt. but often the stupid don't know they're stupid.

we've wasted class seats on four -five of these guys at every class under dorky Dan.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
that is so stupid it should make your head hurt. but often the stupid don't know they're stupid.

we've wasted class seats on four -five of these guys at every class under dorky Dan.

The issue wasn't what we've wasted, via slots, or whether CDM is a good recruiter, he is decent. You've waxed poetically enough on those.

The issue was whether UF's academics were a good thing or a bad thing and whether or not UF was able to get stud recruits due to their higher level of academics.

In this case, counselor, you're on a tangent and are warned.

Now, I've asked you to provide one example of a kid that got into UF when he did not qualify. You won't.

I've also provided you one example of a kid that did not get into UF because he did not qualify.

The example of sCam doesn't apply here but is another tangent that has been exposed and expounded on.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
WCC has an anonymous player q&a that looks interesting. Anyone with a subscription. Discussion thread for it kinda sounds like Mullen has mailed it in. Halftime speech at the bowl game is a topic of wtf as well.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Will we have a Jimbo situation here? In his last season at Clown College, Jimbo stopped recruiting early into the season. No contact with recruits at all. It was devastating. Could Mullinz do the same?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will we have a Jimbo situation here? In his last season at Clown College, Jimbo stopped recruiting early into the season. No contact with recruits at all. It was devastating. Could Mullinz do the same?
Would that matter. He isnt helpful to recruiting at all.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sCam got in when the university was still allowing "those types." As I've said, Fuchs and crew won't do that ever again.

Actually, you've got why Cam left wrong. He left because he was going in front of the "honor council" (or whatever it's called) for a paper that wasn't his and the writing was on the wall that they were going to bounce him from UF and that would have made him transferring to an MSU/Auburn "problematic," so, he left. The other stuff always gets talked about, but the paper thing was very real.

my understanding is that it was multiple instances of academic fraud.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That would be an enormous help to the class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.