Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Fickle knows how to defend jawja. He could bring in Herman as OC.

Fickle could be an interesting pick who might work out. He strikes me as a tough, gritty guy who isn’t an excuse making puzzy like Mullen. I don’t think he’s going to show up to a post game presser dressed as Darth Vader, or worse...Princess Leia. He has HC experience. He’s a young guy, mid to late 40s I believe so he should stick around awhile. Get him a good OC and he might be a decent pick.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's been a head coach now for 12 seasons, all in the SEC, and has done nothing. He is a loser and a prick.

The SEC is no different than any other conference. There are the haves and the have nots. Spurrier—a HOF head coach—just spent 11 years at Usce and accomplished the same “nothing”. Saban spent 5 years at MichSt and never won the B10.

If you want to say Mullen isn’t going to win a title here, that’s fine. He hasn’t. But throwing in what he did during time at perhaps the only job that rivals Vanderbilt in the conference is ridiculous. No one is winning there.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I understand the thought of offensive guy vs. defensive guy, etc. I want a HC. We have an offensive guy and he sux at HC responsibilities. There will never be another Nick Saban but he is/was a defensive guy but he is a HEAD COACH. Same with Meyer. They are Head Coaches. I like the guy at ISU. I do not care about records etc. I watch games. Look at the NFL and who they mention from college. Fitzgerald, Campbell, Ruhle, Fleck etc. The one thing that all this guys have in common when they are mentioned is "Attention to Detail". The words "Cousin Eddie" and "Attention to Detail" are never used in the same sentence.
Yeah, I'm impressed with Campbell. He just took a team to their first major bowl and they won easily. And his team went toe to toe and split the season with the OK team that just ripped us several new a$$holes.

Fleck has also done a good job but his game management at the end of their bowl game was very Dullem-like. All they had to do was run on 3rd and 2 and games was good as over, even if they don't make it and have to punt. Instead they go deep for an incomplete pass taking almost no time off the clock and giving the dwags a free TO. Then he stopped the clock once more to give the game to the ball-lickers. After seeing that I lost some interest but would still take him right now over Sh!tter's Full.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fickle could be an interesting pick who might work out. He strikes me as a tough, gritty guy who isn’t an excuse making puzzy like Mullen. I don’t think he’s going to show up to a post game presser dressed as Darth Vader, or worse...Princess Leia. He has HC experience. He’s a young guy, mid to late 40s I believe so he should stick around awhile. Get him a good OC and he might be a decent pick.

The problem is that offense is too wide in its variety and good OCs simply don’t stick around. When you’re constantly either firing one or replacing one that left, there are so many variables to consider from OL to backs and receivers, and of course, QB. Those defensive minded HCs seem to always be looking and constantly changing. We didn’t need years for Zook, Pruitt, Stoops or Hoke to get in their guys. For the most part, the pieces are interchangeable. Offense is so different.

I’m not opposed to a move. I’d just much prefer an offensive minded coach who can get a decent DC, which is maybe our biggest gripe right now. That’s when we’ve had our greatest success.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Maybe its all true. Maybe Danny realizes our soft woke admin doesn't care about football success. Maybe he wants out.
Or maybe he realizes we figured out he sucks. Whatever the reason, just let the Jets do what the Jets do and take him the hell off our hands.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

How do you know any of this? Do you know if he’s calling plays? Who is your source?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take Kiffin in a heartbeat over Dan. Worse case is he doesn't win either, but at least the cubbard would be stocked for the next guy.
Has Kiffin ever recruited a defensive player in his life? Pretty sure that side of the cupboard would remain bare.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC is no different than any other conference. There are the haves and the have nots. Spurrier—a HOF head coach—just spent 11 years at Usce and accomplished the same “nothing”. Saban spent 5 years at MichSt and never won the B10.

If you want to say Mullen isn’t going to win a title here, that’s fine. He hasn’t. But throwing in what he did during time at perhaps the only job that rivals Vanderbilt in the conference is ridiculous. No one is winning there.

So the SC and MSU jobs are the same as UF? SOS inherited a dumpster fire, and look at their facilities today by comparison, and he's all time winningest coach at 2 SEC schools. MSU has always played in the shadow of Ann Arbor.

Oh, Jackie Sherrill managed a division title at Cowbell too, and pushed eventual national champion UT to the limit.

Mullen sucks. Period.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd take Kiffin in a heartbeat over Dan. Worse case is he doesn't win either, but at least the cubbard would be stocked for the next guy.

His classes went from 4th to 8th to 13th in his stint at Usc. And on his way out of Knoxville he had assistants like Ed O actively recruiting the Trojans while still in the ut building, with currents vol players able to hear their coaches mock their own school as part of the new pitch.

Yes, if he didn’t work out here(which he hasn’t anywhere in 4 stops), I’m sure he’d leave us in great shape.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only fly in that ointment is no team is giving up the #2 overall pick for Dak Prescott.

Maybe not. That’s what second- and third-round picks are for. But it’s a weak quarterback class and, at 27, Prescott is considered an elite quarterback. You’re essentially comparing that to an unproven Wilson or Fields.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So the SC and MSU jobs are the same as UF? SOS inherited a dumpster fire, and look at their facilities today by comparison, and he's all time winningest coach at 2 SEC schools. MSU has always played in the shadow of Ann Arbor.

Oh, Jackie Sherrill managed a division title at Cowbell too, and pushed eventual national champion UT to the limit.

Mullen sucks. Period.

No, those jobs aren’t equal, which is the whole point. No one cares what Saban couldn’t do at MichSt or Spurrier couldn’t do at Usce. Those programs are perennial losers, just like Miss State. But you focused on 12 years of nothing when Spurrier did the same thing between 2001 and 2015. How is that different? Do you really believe that if Spurrier had taken a top level job that he’d have gone that long without a title?

So judge Mullen on his time here, which has its own faults. I’m good with that. But acting as if he was expected to win something in Starkville is nonsense.

And yes, Sherril won the West in 1998 with an 8-5 record. Do you know what the big three’s records were that year? Alabama was 7-5, Lsu was 4-7 and Aub was 3-8. You think that contributed, or no? And they were later found to be breaking the rules during that time?

My point stands. That job sucks and no one should gauge anything by what he did, or didn’t do, there.

Also, Spurrier himself raves about that ‘90 team he inherited. We had talent everywhere. I’m not sure if that’s what your referring to or his 2005 Usce team. If the latter, yes they were bad. But in any event, no one is knocking him, definitely not me. But he’s not winning at Msu either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.