Rumor: Mullen was on vacation on NSD

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What do you mean "swing for the fences" - as in finding another job or trying to win big at UF?

I don't think Mullen will ever leave unless he has the 'next big thing' lined up. Dude is making over $6 million/year. You don't just walk away from that, especially in your 40's. Same w/ Grantham - he's making $1.8+million, he's not leaving on his own.

As far as Gus & Richt lasting as long as they did; I think that's exactly why Mullen won't last as long as either. First off, both Gus & Richt won the SEC. Gus played for the national championship and beat Alabama 3 out 7 (until his last season, finishing 3 of 8). If Mullen wins an SEC title, he's locked in here another 5+ years. But as long as Saban is at Alabama and UGA, A&M, and LSU are recruiting the way they are we aren't beating them for an SEC title. I think the 'noise' will be "he's our Mark Richt" and they will cut ties after year 6 or so.

Mullen can’t keep finishing 5th in recruiting in the SEC and expect to win anything. UF fans like making fun of UGA (and rightly so), but the current trends don’t point to UF winning either. Mullen and the UF Administration have to address the issue of recruiting or we are going to be an 8 to 10 win team as long as he's here.

What I mean by that is his resume rides on this season whatever way this spins, his options are exponentially better if he keeps 'the success' going. I say 'the success' because I think in his mind he truly thinks this season was a huge one. This is where I disagree with donkey. He aint giving up. He aint mcelwain. Heck, mcelwain didn't give up, he was just a p!ss poor leader who was lazy and tried to make excuses to get sympathy for his laziness in a presser.

And I don't think the admin cares a flying flip what he finishes in recruiting at this point unless it gets them in hot water. They don't give him the support to do better and Im sure stricky thinks everything is going to be better once the magical baseball stadium is built.

As long as we keep going to honorable mention bowls and look competitive, I really don't think anything will happen to Mullen.

Furthermore, the transfer portal is throwing a weird spin on this and it is truly allowing Mullen to continue to kick the can down the road.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What am I saying?
Unless Dorky Dan further embarrasses the university, they are perfectly happy with being better than average.

I just wonder how long it will take everyone to figure this out.

Without the press conferences since 2018 (challenge members of the press to a thumb wrestling contest after loss to Missouri) and the show cause from the NCAA the embarressing portions have really gotten worse, which is what will lead to his dismissal more than the middling record. If he didn't have those he would safe I agree, but we have three years of evidence here and 9 at MSU, these embarrassments are Dan Mullen and will continue.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Without the press conferences since 2018 (challenge members of the press to a thumb wrestling contest after loss to Missouri) and the show cause from the NCAA the embarressing portions have really gotten worse, which is what will lead to his dismissal more than the middling record. If he didn't have those he would safe I agree, but we have three years of evidence here and 9 at MSU, these embarrassments are Dan Mullen and will continue.

I guess my point is that even if they fire him, his replacement will NOT represent a full commitment to excellence.
Football is barbaric and doesn’t align with the globalist view of the world.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess my point is that even if they fire him, his replacement will NOT represent a full commitment to excellence.
Football is barbaric and doesn’t align with the globalist view of the world.

I agree, the cleaning of the house goes beyond just Mullen and his staff. There a number of members of the AAU who know this as well, but those aren't the ones in the decision making positions.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, the cleaning of the house goes beyond just Mullen and his staff. There a number of members of the AAU who know this as well, but those aren't the ones in the decision making positions.

The only people that can change this are the big money boosters but I have no idea what they think about the program.
Given the growth of TV money I am not sure that boosters are even that important at UF anymore.

As long as the LaCrosse team is doing well and UF can continue their “woke” positioning then all is fine as long as nobody says Gatorbait in public

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What do you mean "swing for the fences" - as in finding another job or trying to win big at UF?

I don't think Mullen will ever leave unless he has the 'next big thing' lined up. Dude is making over $6 million/year. You don't just walk away from that, especially in your 40's. Same w/ Grantham - he's making $1.8+million, he's not leaving on his own.

As far as Gus & Richt lasting as long as they did; I think that's exactly why Mullen won't last as long as either. First off, both Gus & Richt won the SEC. Gus played for the national championship and beat Alabama 3 out 7 (until his last season, finishing 3 of 8). If Mullen wins an SEC title, he's locked in here another 5+ years. But as long as Saban is at Alabama and UGA, A&M, and LSU are recruiting the way they are we aren't beating them for an SEC title. I think the 'noise' will be "he's our Mark Richt" and they will cut ties after year 6 or so.

Mullen can’t keep finishing 5th in recruiting in the SEC and expect to win anything. UF fans like making fun of UGA (and rightly so), but the current trends don’t point to UF winning either. Mullen and the UF Administration have to address the issue of recruiting or we are going to be an 8 to 10 win team as long as he's here.
I agree with this. There's zero chance Mullen voluntarily walks away from 6 million a year. No one but Strick would be dumb enough to offer Mullinz anywhere close to that number and take on his buyout. And he has already shown he has an "I don't GAF" attitude from his behavior at his pressors so I don't even think he feels any pressure to win like a Meyer or SOS. He's used to 4 loses a year and it doesn't bother him. Just check his vacation schedule to see how he's coping with the stress of losing. He's already set for life financially and is looking at 10's of millions more before he parts ways so you can bet your a$$ he's not going to stretch the rules to try to bring in a top 5 class because the only thing that can f-up his plan to milk another 20 million out of the UAA is another recruiting violation.

Like has already been said, this year was the writing on the wall. Mullen knows he does have 1 foot out the door (and both hands in the coffer) and this is ending in termination not championships. He already has the villain defense mechanism attitude of me against the UAA and the fans (the doosh dressed as Darth Vader for crying out loud). His only motivation at this point is to hold onto as much money as possible when he departs, whether that be next year or after. Then he never has to think about money again and if he gets tired of vacationing he can probably land an OC or at least QB coach job in the NFL and see where that takes him.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Theres nothing wrong with having a little sun on your face when you return to Gainesville.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not really. I’ll give him credit for what he has done.
What has he done?

Butters lost 4 games a year, but one was Saban in the SECG (though we could have played those games 1000 and not won a single game against their 1s, 2s, or 3s) and one was loss each year to Jimbo Bowden's clowns.

Frankly, Dildo cant hold a candle to Jimbo and would have been skullfuchsed every year and even worse in recruiting.

What has he done? The running game is just as horrible as it has always been, he
was forced to start a walkon caliber QB
and was dragged by his hair down the hallway by his QB coach and forced to pass the ball downfield some, his defense is the worst in 120 tears, his special teams just dont exist at all, and his recruiting is Butteresque with a few failures from other teams transferring in each year to cover his recruiting laziness, only two of whom have been anything beyond mehhh.

What

has

he

done?

Same people were saying the same things about Butters turning it around (what?) from Chimp.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Have to agree. If dumbo were still at halfassU, dildo would likely be 1-2 against them, possibly even 0-3.

Mullen is benefiting greatly from garbage coaches and teams on the schedule. But even still, he's 1-2 against lsu and 1-2 against dwags. Thank God tennessee is a dumpster fire...

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I hate to bust yall's bubble boys (not really) but Mullen is here till he wants to leave.
Hes not getting fired and it certainly looks like the NFL is not an option.
For the good news , were in much better shape that most of you will admit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What has he done?

Butters lost 4 games a year, but one was Saban in the SECG (though we could have played those games 1000 and not won a single game against their 1s, 2s, or 3s) and one was loss each year to Jimbo Bowden's clowns.

Frankly, Dildo cant hold a candle to Jimbo and would have been skullfuchsed every year and even worse in recruiting.

What has he done? The running game is just as horrible as it has always been, he
was forced to start a walkon caliber QB
and was dragged by his hair down the hallway by his QB coach and forced to pass the ball downfield some, his defense is the worst in 120 tears, his special teams just dont exist at all, and his recruiting is Butteresque with a few failures from other teams transferring in each year to cover his recruiting laziness, only two of whom have been anything beyond mehhh.

What

has

he

done?

Same people were saying the same things about Butters turning it around (what?) from Chimp.

Well for starters he’s beaten every single season win estimate you’ve predicted going in. Secondly, he’s proven to be much more competent than the other two morons you promoted(Fedora and Brohm).
And third, while you can dismiss 2014, and blame all of our passing stats the last two years on being forced to do so, he’s put up the passing stats in a decade despite your insistence that he wouldn’t or would solely go sideways.

So let’s just start there. You predicted going into the 2019 season that we’d been lucky in all of 2018’s wins and that such luck would run out the following year. You doubled down on that again this year. Let me guess, this is going to be the year, right?

And as I’ve said, anyone comparing the last three years to the first two year of McElwain is semi retarded. Outside of ending with a comparable W/L record, the two teams look nothing alike.

But again, you wanted two guys that will be driving selling insurance for Direct General at this point next year. So maybe picking and choosing head coaches just isn’t for you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok so why does dressing up as Darth Vader piss everybody off? I'm failing to see the big deal here

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ok so why does dressing up as Darth Vader piss everybody off? I'm failing to see the big deal here

There are some things that are acceptable and some that just aren’t. For instance, a head coach creating a mocking name for an instate rival like “free shoes university” while sitting at an overall record of 1-3 against them, and on the back of their winning a national title. Totally fine. No issues there. I mean it’s not like we were just months away from one of the most embarrassing let downs in college football history and a 1-4-1 record against them, or something.

But dress up like a dorky adult on Halloween, just because? Ridiculous.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Because we've got some thin skinned b!tches around here who cry about every fuching thing. I can only assume it's because their Star Wars fan boys and the next vagina they touch will be the first.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard that John Gruden is basically a done deal if we just ask him. We have boosters lined up to pay him what he wants when he wants. I've also heard that Dabo is becoming unhappy where he is, so those would be our top two choices.

Failing those two for some inexplicable reason, then Derek Dooley is also available.

:lol:

You’re forgetting that you’re posting on the Gator board and not the Vol board.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

By itself in an isolated situation not bad.

After in 2018 challenging a press member to a thumb wrestling match

After making excuses about crowd noise vs TA&M

After arguing with a opposing team player (not the official) before being pulled away by your own player before a fight broke out then going into the tunnel like a WWE wrestler pumping up the crowd it looks incredibly unprofessional.

If the rushing across the field to tell at an opposing player and then walking off the field like Razor Ramon didn't happen it wouldn't look so bad. But after what had happened before that it's incredibly unprofessional and embarrassingly tone deaf.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are some things that are acceptable and some that just aren’t. For instance, a head coach creating a mocking name for an instate rival like “free shoes university” while sitting at an overall record of 1-3 against them, and on the back of their winning a national title. Totally fine. No issues there. I mean it’s not like we were just months away from one of the most embarrassing let downs in college football history and a 1-4-1 record against them, or something.

But dress up like a dorky adult on Halloween, just because? Ridiculous.

Like we accept you throw batteries at Santa, Snow balls at opposing head coach (which helps you get elected mayor in Philly), but start a whiny ass ginger is the line.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Like we accept you throw batteries at Santa, Snow balls at opposing head coach (which helps you get elected mayor in Philly), but start a whiny ass ginger is the line.

Erroneous recollection of the events.

It was snowballs at Santa, and batteries at opposing head coaches. Unless it’s someone like Johnson or Switzer, where we threw snowballs packed with batteries. Flexibility is key.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Former NFL DB believes in what Dan Mullen is building
Former NFL DB believes in what Dan Mullen is building
From the linked story:

“On top of that talented class, Florida has also been rather busy in the transfer portal. Most notably, the Gators have added former LSU tight end Arik Gilbert, former Clemson running back Demarkcus Brown, and former Auburn defensive tackle Daquan Newkirk.”

Demarkcus Brown? Really? When a journalist gets a simple fact wrong in their reporting, part of me always wonders else is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator