RUMOR: Package of plays for Emory Jones against UT

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
This falls under TIFWIW:

I was talking with a guy at work, after we spoke awhile it was apparent he has connections. He said that a package of plays for EJ was put in and practiced this week but obviously no guarantee he’ll see the field.

Is this guy full of shyt? No idea but thought it was interesting and worth mentioning.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why not? Let it all hang out, esp on the road.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is they will go right to a setup expecting a run in that situation. Hopefully we can nail them with a long pass.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
EJ should only play when he'll face a DL that can't rush or an OL that can block ... well a DL that can't rush.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised. Tenerc may not be looking for it. It wouldn't be a "gimmick," but something that could generally fool them. Still, I don't see Mullen using such a device unless we had a two score (even 10 pts) lead.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
So the kid that fumbled his first pass attempt is going to have an entire package of plays that will debut on the road against a bitter rival in an extremely hostile environment??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sittin 3rd on the depth chart right now I don't see it.
He isn't third on the depth chart really. if Franks got hurt, Trash might finish the game but EJ would be running the how in a game or two. May happen regardless.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
So the kid that fumbled his first pass attempt is going to have an entire package of plays that will debut on the road against a bitter rival in an extremely hostile environment??

Yeah, I hear what you’re saying, that’s why I said TIFWIW.

The most hostile environment he’s ever played in and he’s supposed to get meaningful snaps? The guy that told me clearly knows people on the inside but who knows if this is worth anything.

I gave us a big plug and told him to come check us out. He remembered several names from GSMB.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d do it. I think he will if EJs head is right.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Frank's has been taking some pretty big hits. It would be smart to be prepared with EJ, but I cant imagine it would be for regular gameplay but for the need should it arise.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why not? Let it all hang out, esp on the road.
Trust? I mean...he hasn't had a meaningful snap yet it's highly doubtful that Mullen will all of a sudden put him in against a big rival on the road at night.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Trust? I mean...he hasn't had a meaningful snap yet it's highly doubtful that Mullen will all of a sudden put him in against a big rival on the road at night.
Right. He didn’t sniff the field against Kentucky or Colorado State, but they’ll throw him in against one of our biggest rivals in a night road game.

Makes perfect sense.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right. He didn’t sniff the field against Kentucky or Colorado State, but they’ll throw him in against one of our biggest rivals in a night road game.

Makes perfect sense.

I’m guessing his package of plays was called pretend you’re Guarantano

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator