Lingard played in the game!!!

Watching the replay, he was in on the last play - victory formation

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JStCyrTV: Travis Etienne said it was exciting to watch his brother Trevor Etienne play in his 1st game with the Florida Gators.

Travis said growing up he didn't think Trevor would be a running back.

"He was a fat kid. I never thought he would be playing running back for the gators."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wright is dependable, but I think Johson and ETN are co-no.1 for now.

ETN is going to be special. He runs with that shifty style and low center of gravity as well as being tough to bring down. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wright averaged nearly 4 yards a carry with no fumbles and reliably moved the ball for us. I agree Johnson and Etienne looked better overall, but not going to complain about what Wright brought to the table either.

With our defense clearly having kinks to work out, we're going to be relying on a steady rotation of RBs to control the clock and grind yards. I like who we have back there and am eager to see what they do the rest of the way.
I heard Wright looked great to start the game before the network switched from arky to the Gator game (~9:30 min mark). After that, he got 1-2 ypc consistently. I think he needs to make room for the others.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I heard Wright looked great to start the game before the network switched from arky to the Gator game (~9:30 min mark). After that, he got 1-2 ypc consistently. I think he needs to make room for the others.

Didn't watch the broadcast (was at the game); but would concede he did better to start with than later on. Utah made adjustments and Wright was also the RB trusted on some obvious rush downs when we were pinned deep in the 3rd quarter (and the predictable playcalling had predictable minimal results).

Johnson is the more powerful RB and Etienne is the more explosive one; but I think Wright will continue to get carries because he's a dependable back who can consistently get us 3-4 yards on handoffs and is a reliable pass catcher out in the flats, so defenses do have to account for it in their pre-snap splits and positioning. One reason why Wright was getting more yards in the first half was Utah was spread out to cover the flats more and Wright/our OL was exploiting that to the tune of 7 yards per rush (regardless of who was the RB). When they pinched in a bit more, Wright's production went down and a more powerful RB like Johnson was the better choice. We probably should have exploited their adjustment with a pass to the RB or a toss-sweep, but didn't hit that well...yet...

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Etienne did great. Wheat was Lingaurd?

And Lingard was Wheat.

Deep Breath Chill GIF by Josephina

Bruce Lee Meditation GIF
fields wheat GIF

Last edited:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

ETN is going to be special. He runs with that shifty style and low center of gravity as well as being tough to bring down. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith.

WAAAAYYYYYY faster than Emmitt. Way faster.

ETN will be the clear #1 next year if he stays healthy. Dude is a straight up stud.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He needs to really expand those thighs to complete the look to be like Emmitt! But he’s got the same slippery style that makes it hard for someone to hit him direct.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to really expand those thighs to complete the look to be like Emmitt! But he’s got the same slippery style that makes it hard for someone to hit him direct.
They are exactly the same weight and height.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They are exactly the same weight and height.
Yep, and Emmitt always seemed to shift right before a hit to make it damn near impossible for a defender to land a tackle square on. His yards after contact reflected that both in his college and pro stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.