Saban blocks DB transfer to UGA

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Imo, if you are a grad transfer there should be no limits on where you can transfer. You would have fulfilled your commitment to the team you are currently playing for.

I agree.

Bama is getting some real bad press for this....especially after the players trashed his locker. What a bunch of great teammates! They have kids that GET transferred all the time (i.e. are asked to leave because they didn't crack the starting lineup)....now they want to screw w/ this kid.

I understand not allowing kids to transfer to where a former coach is now coaching, but this kid is a graduate transfer....he did the right things as a "student-athlete". You can't have 20 kids want to leave to follow a new coach somewhere (although I wish some of Colorado State's DT's followed McElwain to UF!)....but again, this case is different.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If Kirby Smart and Nick Saban want to get into it over a graduate student transfer then let them have at it. Who wants a graduate student that wants to transfer anyway?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Imo, if you are a grad transfer there should be no limits on where you can transfer. You would have fulfilled your commitment to the team you are currently playing for.

There is a built in limit in this rule as you must be accepted into some graduate program that you current school does not have. That already limits where one can transfer and that should be enough

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There is a built in limit in this rule as you must be accepted into some graduate program that you current school does not have. That already limits where one can transfer and that should be enough

That rule is easily overcome.

For example:

An MA in History....well, all schools offer that. They make it more specific, like "MA in History, w/ a focus on (fill in the blank)". Done.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mac should pull a reverse Saban and stipulate that Treon transfer to UGAy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That rule is easily overcome.

For example:

An MA in History....well, all schools offer that. They make it more specific, like "MA in History, w/ a focus on (fill in the blank)". Done.

… MA in future history… a much needed field.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If I were that kid I would go into Saban's office and demand that he let me go where I want. I would make it so uncomfortable for him that he would be happy to let me go.

Along those lines, I was thinking that if the kid wore UGA gear and basically earned getting kicked off the team (not in violation of student conduct or legal means), would he then be 'released' from the school and more free to transfer? But it sounds like he's already been 'kicked off" though Saban still has control over where he can transfer to. Odd, and stupid. I agree with those that say a Grad Transfer ought to not be restricted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.