Saban hires away DL Coach Sunseri

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
well that's certainly not encouraging.

I know. It's like he Just-For-Men'd his mustache, and then for no apparent reason, forgot about or ignored the beard portion.

Attention to detail is critical along the DL, and that doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Dude, you know good and well he didn't land enough heavy's and we're going to feel it in 2020/21. The guy is out of touch w/ the youth of today and missed on the big bodies we need to keep up w/ our rivals. I get it, he landed some 208lb edge rushers. That's good....but not good enough.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This was just posted on footballscoop:

Florida: Source tells FootballScoop Dan Mullen is strongly considering Chris Wilson for his open defensive line position. Wilson coached defensive line for the Philadelphia Eagles the past few seasons; but his contract was not renewed sources told FootballScoop. Wilson previously served as Mullen’s defensive coordinator & defensive line coach at Mississippi State before leaving for the defensive line job at Georgia in 2013. He then went to coach at USC for two seasons before joining the Eagles staff for the 2016 season.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Was really hoping for smith, not some bum mullen, who has a rep for being loyal to a fault, has already fired or demoted once. oh well.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This was just posted on footballscoop:

Florida: Source tells FootballScoop Dan Mullen is strongly considering Chris Wilson for his open defensive line position. Wilson coached defensive line for the Philadelphia Eagles the past few seasons; but his contract was not renewed sources told FootballScoop. Wilson previously served as Mullen’s defensive coordinator & defensive line coach at Mississippi State before leaving for the defensive line job at Georgia in 2013. He then went to coach at USC for two seasons before joining the Eagles staff for the 2016 season.

He may be considering him, but it is a fact Wilson is interviewing for one of the 5-6 DC job openings in the nfl. Mullen will be waiting a while unless Wilson has already been informed he has no shot at one of the jobs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take the blame for the Patrick thing. I was updating a couple of things in a bit of a hurry because I had to leave the house, and I thought the link I saw had showed that Patrick was actually getting hired, not that he was just a name thrown out there.

For those that were triggered and butthurt by the thread title, I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies. I fully understand if you'd like to make Swamp Gas your new home. Fully understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.