Sarkisian? Are they finally losing it at Trailerbammer?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The guy they ran out of town just a few years ago? Sarkisian is the next OC at Bammer?

Updated: Chip Long to stay at ND, Sarkisian to Bama per #sources

I guess they didn't notice Nussdrunk and Butters were available. I heard on here that Saban couldn't win another NC without those guys.

Check the comments from the Trailerbammers? They don't seem to excited about this.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Weird hire and it seemed he was pushed out before...crazy.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Some times you forget that revolving door at bama with OC's Imagine HOW many titles SOS wins with that talent. He never lost his OFF coord. I hope that house of cards (all aces though) falls in a heap of used trailer parts...........

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
My history is murky but I think the last time at Bama was right after he was fired from USC in no small part because of his alcohol problem. You can't just waive a magic wand and make someone embrace sober living. He was probably at Bama still working through recovery as an analyst. That's not the person you want to turn around and hand the keys to your offense any more than you would want to hand them the keys to your car. If I had to guess, a relapse was probably the cause of his departure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And he turns down a NFL OC job to work for Saban again at the same position.....fascinating. I wonder what his reasoning is.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This seems to be the first crack in Saban's armor.

This move seems like a rushed, panicky decision. I was actually stunned at this move. I thought Alabama lost this year because their staff was pretty weak. There was a precipitous fall off on the defense this season. And beginning with Georgia, they seemed less disciplined than in previous years.

Saban may finally be losing grip. It sure feels that way. Their coaching staff is a joke.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Seems like it. Especially since their scout team are all 5 stars.
Saban will recruit well until he leaves.
You remember the Urban years? By 2009 all of our good assistants had been poached. We went 12-0 during the regular season, then the wheels fell off. That's how talented teams become irrelevant. It starts with the coaching. Even if Urban stayed, we were done. We still had a great head coach. And we were still loaded with talent. But without Charlie and Mullen, it was never the same.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we will see if Bama remains the top offense in the SEC in 2019. They were # 6 nationally in 2018 which was a big move for them from earlier years. Saban claims he likes high powered offenses now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Saban will recruit well until he leaves.
You remember the Urban years? By 2009 all of our good assistants had been poached. We went 12-0 during the regular season, then the wheels fell off. That's how talented teams become irrelevant. It starts with the coaching. Even if Urban stayed, we were done. We still had a great head coach. And we were still loaded with talent. But without Charlie and Mullen, it was never the same.

That was crazy how we dropped off in 2010 despite recruiting up to then being real good. A combination of no good QB and Meyers head not being in the game. I doubt Saban ever allows that and we won't even see anything worse than a 10-2 regular season there before he leaves

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know, it's hard for me to see someone turning down the same job in the NFL to be Nick Saban's whipping boy. He is brutal on assistants.

There has to be something more to this. Perhaps it's as simple as a pay/benefits thing. Or maybe he just wants to stay in the south.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
A combination of no good QB and Meyers head not being in the game.
I was never a believer in the "we need a QB" theory. We're UF. No one can convince me that every QB we recruited sucked. Yet even lower tiered schools didn't seem to have a problem. I think Mullen has debunked that notion. Last year we were still blaming the QB. Mullen comes in and voila, the QB is fixed. Suddenly, QB isn't our biggest concern anymore. If we're being real, we have to realize that we haven't had a properly developed QB since Mullen left after '08.

Having crappy assistants will doom a program a lot faster than most realize. In hindsight, think of what great coaching staff we had during that stretch; Urban, Strong, Mullen, Quinn. That's insane when you think about it.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Last year we were still blaming the QB. Mullen comes in and voila, the QB is fixed. Suddenly, QB isn't our biggest concern anymore..

I think maybe this is a bridge too far. There's no doubt Mullen worked a miracle with Franks but he is still a liability at times. That first half against Meatchicken was evidence of that as was UGA and Mizzo. There were plenty of times when the scheme got the Gators in a position to make big plays and Franks didn't see it, saw it late, or couldn't hit the guy with the pass.

I'm hopeful that Franks hasn't hit his ceiling, and I'm also hopeful that if he has Emory Jones can run the offense efficiently; but those are unknowns. That said, you'd be hard pressed to convince me that QB isn't our biggest issue on offense and probably the team. Line play consistently got better through the year and it looks like we are loading up with big bodies. Running back is loaded and could get even better if MAR joins as the Percy-type hybrid. TE is solid and this group of receivers has a chance to be special.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And he turns down a NFL OC job to work for Saban again at the same position.....fascinating. I wonder what his reasoning is.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.