Savage S&C Kicks off today Jan 18

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet he was dominating.

They can run away from him but they arent going at him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sure he is. Waaaaaaay back.

Just for you!! :D

Michael's Most Underrated Defensive Player: Rayshad Jackson

https://florida.rivals.com/news/michael-s-most-underrated-defensive-player-rayshad-jackson

He hasn’t seen a whole lot of time, but Rayshad Jackson will be a key piece to the Gators' defense in 2018. The linebacker position is the weakest unit on defense and Jackson’s emergence this spring was a huge boost to that group. He’s come on slowly, but it looks like he is putting it all together and will likely start in place of Vosean Joseph.

So far at Florida, Jackson has been somewhat lost in the rotation and hasn't been much of an impact. However, this spring we saw Jackson jump in quite a bit with the first group, so the coaches see something in him they like.

Jackson played in all 11 games last season as a reserve linebacker and special teamer, but only racked up 14 tackles. Now a redshirt-junior, Jackson is really taking steps in the right direction.

With Jackson, a Miami native, his speed and are athleticism are good, and he’s turned himself into an every-down linebacker as well. Outside of Ventrell Miller, he’s the best coverage linebacker the Gators currently have.

Jackson's lateral quickness is also very impressive, but most of all, he understands Todd Grantham's system and fits well within it.

“I think Rayshad has done a great job,” Gators linebacker coach Christian Robinson said earlier this spring.

“He’s been doing everything I’ve asked him to do. So he’s been doing everything I ask him to do and I think what I like about him so far is that he’s coachable. I’m looking for guys that are coachable and do what you tell them to do, even when it’s tough.”

With the lack of depth at the position, Jackson’s emergence is much needed. He fills a valuable void and will be a key cog in the Gators' defense. If nothing else, he provides a boost to a position that needs it.

---

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I judge players by what they do on the field, which in his case is always to step up into the wash or shoot the first gap that he sees, not based on how well they run wearing shirts and a tshirt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think the question with Jackson is whether or not he’s coachable enough to do what he’s asked to do.

Tough to say based on that article.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our blue has been getting lighter over the years...I wish we would go back to the darker shade
It is a science thing. The lighter colors are less hot in the sun. They are also using coldblack type fabrics which also help.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I judge players by what they do on the field, which in his case is always to step up into the wash or shoot the first gap that he sees, not based on how well they run wearing shirts and a tshirt.

More Rayshad for you!!! :D

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: Interesting. Dan Mullen said Nick Savage was going to stay working at MSU through the bowl game until he got to UF and saw how far behind the program was in S&C.

He said: "Nope, I've got to get here." #Gators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.