Savage

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I was addressing that specific post. I can't memorize everything you posted in the last 10 years. However, you've been somewhat skeptical of Savage primarily because of his youth and inexperience (I think), so I wasn't sure if your skepticism was shifting towards criticism. Hence my question, because that seemed to be your focus.

You've also questioned DM's recruiting, which I find much more understandable until he starts outperforms mac with Top 5 classes. I just think Savage can only do so much until we give him the talent he needs to compete. As painful as Gator Football has been to watch for the last decade, I still think DM (with help from Savage) is performing above reasonable expectations given the talent coming in.

Or maybe ANYONE is gonna look better than kent. Players aren't buying gym memberships anymore...

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Strength and conditioning are separate but related. Think the point is do we have both
Because we are looking good in the fourth bc of playcalling, Mullinz finally took his foot of the brakes, and bc they were happy to trade 7 for us running the clock out.

Sorry, I mean we look good due to cardio conditioning, strength and power I don’t know about as we still seem to be getting tossed about more than we should,

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Here's the post I addressed-

"As we get no push and look at unathletic at multiple spots on D, do any of you actually think about our S&C then? As JZ goes out AGAIN, bc evidently we can't rehab him, do we think our program is great? Honest question. Seems we love it as we're coming back against usc. lsu and uga...not so great."

Is your comment about "saying it wasn't on Savage" in a different post? Because I don't see it here.

Whatever post you're referring to, I must've missed it along with the context of your conversation. I asked an "honest question" just like you. Am I not allowed the same privileges as you? I might've been slightly confrontational, but I wasn't inflammatory, dropping f bombs and "stfu."

I don't have time to read every post on this board, especially the long ones. So I skip several and for whatever reason, that one caught my attention, probably because it was the latest one at the time. Nothing personal, dude.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Here's the post I addressed-

"As we get no push and look at unathletic at multiple spots on D, do any of you actually think about our S&C then? As JZ goes out AGAIN, bc evidently we can't rehab him, do we think our program is great? Honest question. Seems we love it as we're coming back against usc. lsu and uga...not so great."

Is your comment about "saying it wasn't on Savage" in a different post? Because I don't see it here.

Whatever post you're referring to, I must've missed it along with the context of your conversation. I asked an "honest question" just like you. Am I not allowed the same privileges as you? I might've been slightly confrontational, but I wasn't inflammatory, dropping f bombs and "stfu."

I don't have time to read every post on this board, especially the long ones. So I skip several and for whatever reason, that one caught my attention, probably because it was the latest one at the time. Nothing personal, dude.
@ltraz ‘s position can be kind of hard to decipher but generally is this: he won’t comment on savage because he hasn’t seen the program yet. He will in March. He is concerned with the strength side of it but doesn’t know if it’s a talent issue or program issue. Regarding rehab, he’s confident that it’s not savage’s Fault - it’s how UF structures it’s program as a whole.

Basically, he’ll pick at certain things but because he’s actually qualified in S&C and knows we value his opinion on it, he’s with holding judgment until he sees it.

At least, that’s how I understand his stance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont qhite understand the current belief that if we have a good S&C coach we wont get hurt. Im going to assume that Trailerbammer, the Patriots and others have the best around and they still have players hurt.

It seems to be inevitable from 200-350 pound athletes doing battle and hitting each other at fullspeed.

The answer is recruiting depth, not blaming S&C imo.

I wonder if Savage doesnt push more.for endurance over brute strength (like Chimp's guy Dillman) but that is just a guess from a few small bits of info.

Im fairly confident we look unathletic bc we are unathletic rather than the S&C not doing his job.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Dillman got fired earlier this off-season. I haven't seen if he's been hired on anywhere. I'm sure he'll land somewhere as an assistant S&C coach if he doesn't get the head job at another program. He's had a pretty good run of making good money ($425K last few years), but I imagine his next job will be a step back from an SEC program.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I heard on the radio after the game we've outscored our opponents 64-7 in the 4th quarter this year, best point differential in the country.
Just to complete this stat, our final score tally in the 4th quarter this year was 128-43. The only team to score more than 8 points on us in the 4th quarter was UVA, and that came via a garbage time TD with 30 seconds left.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Muschamp is just deflecting, trying to save his hide. He's doing it w/ his OC hires as well (same as he did here w/ Pease)

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Don’t lie. Savage in there swelling them boys up, old Trazzy jealous of the impressive 4Q results since them Zook boys always fell apart in the 4th.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
If you can go harder than your opponent all game but especially in the 4th quarter, you will win a lot more games than you will lose.

Conditioning is important. So is strength. Hard to have an abundance of both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb