Saw the Piano Guys last night

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So the family and I went out last night and got senior (HS) pictures taken of the twins (fraternal), went to a nice italian restaurant called Marcellas, and then caught The Piano Guys show.

Ive been a casual fan of TPG for several years now. They way they cover contemporary music and combine it with classical piano and cello is amazing to me. The two main performers, Jon and Steven are funny, talented and keep everyone involved and interested in the entire 2hr show. Our two 17 year olds loved it. Here are two of the numbers they did last night.

This is a mashup of Amazing Grace + Rachel Platten's Fight Song + Scottish Bagpipes and drums.

And this is a mashup of Ode to Joy and Joy to the World

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Where are you? My nieces play the piano and viola. Would be great for them to see them but they are in Florida.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I saw them at the Straz 3 years ago. The cellist is amazing. He had about 8 different cello's he played all with different distinct sounds. I would highly recommend this show to anyone that LOVES music. They are extremely talented and push the boundaries of their instruments.

And you have to pay attention to the video on this one...pretty cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.