Scholarship reduction begins

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
An insider on On3 named kc has confirmed. He is the lone insider who has actually proven reliable. If he has confirmed it then it’s probably true.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow. I don’t know the last name, but McDaniel was playing last year and I thought he’d received a Spring award. I also thought Graham was the best KR in Spring. The return game looked night and day from the past few years. He especially seems odd.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Wow. I don’t know the last name, but McDaniel was playing last year and I thought he’d received a Spring award. I also thought Graham was the best KR in Spring. The return game looked night and day from the past few years. He especially seems odd.

Chris Thomas is also odd because we need bodies at DT. Not sure how good he was or would become, but if you don’t have bodies, keep what you have until you do.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seems odd. I heard Graham was going to be our return man.

I wonder if this is scholarship attrition or if there's some other reason why they were cut.

Alex.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Seems odd. I heard Graham was going to be our return man.

I wonder if this is scholarship attrition or if there's some other reason why they were cut.

Alex.

In all honesty, when have we before actually booted people on scholarship solely for attrition purposes? We kept 2* Brunson for 5 years with no results. Either it’s a new way at UF or there is more to the story.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Per the 247 story…

It’s a somewhat surprising quartet of players as none seemed to be in danger of falling to the bottom of the Gators’ depth chart at their respective positions. One source told DioGuardi that the moves were not based on performance but rather each player’s individual buy-in and how they assimilated to head coach Billy Napier’s desired culture for his program, which players are strictly asked to adhere to.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Per the 247 story…

It’s a somewhat surprising quartet of players as none seemed to be in danger of falling to the bottom of the Gators’ depth chart at their respective positions. One source told DioGuardi that the moves were not based on performance but rather each player’s individual buy-in and how they assimilated to head coach Billy Napier’s desired culture for his program, which players are strictly asked to adhere to.
I'm good with that. That's how locker room cancers start.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Per the 247 story…
Good for Nap. Send a message.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Florida has parted ways with four scholarship players: wide receivers Fenley Graham and Marcus Burke, safety Mordecai McDaniel, and defensive lineman Chris Thomas. Multiple sources familiar with the development told Swamp247’s Brett DioGuardi about Graham, McDaniel and Thomas. A separate source told Swamp247's Jacob Rudner about Burke on Wednesday afternoon.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get it if they aren't buying in fully. A couple of those names make me cringe a bit though. I guess they thought they were needed so badly they didn't have to buy in. Looks like coach Napier thought otherwise.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Per the 247 story…

Good for Nap. Send a message.

Our best coaches in history have come in and made it a point to maintain what we had, even with players they maybe didn’t like, at least until they could fill the roster with their replacements. They knew they needed these guys to reach that next level. The worst coach we’ve had in our lifetime did this, then spent his third season complaining about not having enough bodies. I like a lot of what BN is doing, but this is risky and generally backfires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb