Scholarship reduction begins

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the words of OX...it's still June. 2022 is wide open.
4973b453-1244-4615-80b4-9ef6407c2447_text.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a fan of Fenley Graham as a player and know him as a good kid having watched him at LHS. I don't believe for a second he did not "buy in" as others have speculated. He switched positions in the spring at the coaches encouragement. It's the coaches prerogative to ditch a player for any reason but the timing of this was not fair to the kids. The dead period apparently starts this Sunday so it does not give them a reasonable amount of time to try and transfer and find a place to play. Don't preach high character if you don't practice it every day.
So the guy who has a full on triggered meltdown over anyone that doesn't play tonsil hockey with the coaching staff's D is now questioning their character and integrity?

this should be good...
Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With what all that we have seen Napier to get these kids and to do the right thing for them, doesn't seem in his character to be one who would just kick someone to the curb. But, I do see a coach that sets an expectation and you had better meet it. If you don't, you pay the consequences. I would much rather have that right now than anything else. Do we all truly know what expectations weren't met, maybe not. But I don't see Napier as a vindictive coach, at least not yet. So get you azz in class, weight room, film room, training, behave yourself, etc. and you'll be fine. If not you'll have to deal with the consequences.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With what all that we have seen Napier to get these kids and to do the right thing for them, doesn't seem in his character to be one who would just kick someone to the curb. But, I do see a coach that sets an expectation and you had better meet it. If you don't, you pay the consequences.

This is more important than some may realize. UF has the talent to win 9-10 games every year. The issues the last couple of years have obviously been discipline related. You don't go from beating UGA and winning the SEC East, then taking Bama to the wire in the SEC Championship game to falling completely apart the next year unless you allow the discipline to fall off and that's exactly what Mullen and the staff allowed to happen. They didn't hold players accountable for their actions and bench guys for doing stupid crap like throwing shoes or jumping off sides multiple times a game. Billy's first order of business at UF should have been and should be restoring discipline to the program and ASAP! Giving guys the choice to either get with the program or hit the road is a good first step. It lets everyone know he means business and isn't going to allow the players to rule the roost.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is more important than some may realize. UF has the talent to win 9-10 games every year. The issues the last couple of years have obviously been discipline related. You don't go from beating UGA and winning the SEC East, then taking Bama to the wire in the SEC Championship game to falling completely apart the next year unless you allow the discipline to fall off and that's exactly what Mullen and the staff allowed to happen. They didn't hold players accountable for their actions and bench guys for doing stupid crap like throwing shoes or jumping off sides multiple times a game. Billy's first order of business at UF should have been and should be restoring discipline to the program and ASAP! Giving guys the choice to either get with the program or hit the road is a good first step. It lets everyone know he means business and isn't going to allow the players to rule the roost.
:exactly:

We all know this is not going to be an overnight fix. I think with anything and most repairing any type of organization, team, job, personnel is order, structure, and expectation. It is part of that foundation. Unfortunately over the last few coaches and the administration have not been a good steward of this at UF. But I think Napier has all of this on his radar and it's a lot to handle. And with the lack of attention by UF and it's azzhats of coaches it is a big problem to have to correct. Just my .02 cents, you won't have any type of success in an organization if you don't have accountability. It will send a strong message.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
According to some undocumented rumors on the internet placed there by people who investigate into why things like this happened, Bowman wasn't going to class either, missing workouts and doing 'other' things instead. Many players were surprised he wasn't on the list of those released from the team the other day.

Im trying hard to word this in a way so as not get @Joegator96 angry at me again. Maybe he can go validate it or debunk it.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
According to some undocumented rumors on the internet placed there by people who investigate into why things like this happened, Bowman wasn't going to class either, missing workouts and doing 'other' things instead. Many players were surprised he wasn't on the list of those released from the team the other day.

Im trying hard to word this in a way so as not get @Joegator96 angry at me again. Maybe he can go validate it or debunk it.
No point as you are always looking to spread your jam and put a negative spin against someone's kid. Surf on internet troll!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Be careful. Joe used to just sit there and do nothing. Now he seems to be much more savage.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
No point as you are always looking to spread your jam and put a negative spin against someone's kid. Surf on internet troll!
Im someones kid too, Joe. So is Coach Napier but you had no problem spinning it negative on him. By the way, they aint kids when they turn 18.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Be careful. Joe used to just sit there and do nothing. Now he seems to be much more savage.
Savage? He wore a fedora, sports coat and jeans with no socks in a well manicured garden if I remember correctly.

Oh wait...you are referencing that redface avatar he is hiding behind now.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have never heard of any of these guys who were "cut". But that does not mean anything as Sling Blade inherited a roster with many guys who I have not heard of. When I read that these guys were vying for a backup role, it means they can't play. Sling Blade inherited a bunch of guys who can't play. Have to start somewhere so get to choppin'.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have never heard of any of these guys who were "cut". But that does not mean anything as Sling Blade inherited a roster with many guys who I have not heard of. When I read that these guys were vying for a backup role, it means they can't play. Sling Blade inherited a bunch of guys who can't play. Have to start somewhere so get to choppin'.
With all due respect its hard to not know about some of these guys. None of them scare me with their transfers. Adios ex gator.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yep.

You could put “Meyer” in for Mulllen as a summary of 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator