School daze

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stephenPE, Jan 27, 2017.

1. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,494
    Ratings:
    +8,434 / -757
    . Since my stories are usually rainbows and unicorns and how I love my job I figured I would give some balance so
    The title is HOW it All Went to Sh#t Quickly yesterday.

Three people that help keep order were out at my small school yesterday so I became sort of the defacto principal. So I met with the bad boy early and we hashed out his problem and the coming day. He had an older lady subbing in his 5th grade class. The day went well. Kindergarten (our loony tune group this year) stayed within the bounds of human decency (with much correction by their teacher) so we thought we had it under control.
    It was supposed to rain so we kept eyeing the sky. My last class, 5th grade, came out and we started playing soccer. It finally started raining so we went in the last 15 minutes. The elderly teacher was there and commented how good the day had been with the knuckle heads that usually perform. In fact she gave one a smiley face on his hand (much to his and our amusement.) All was good with the world.............sigh............so I leave five min. before the bell with them in the room with her. FIVE MINUTES LATER I GET THE MESSAGE. They need you in the office. The elder sub said when I left they went wackadoodle and the real bad boy and the smartest girl (smallest too) started fighting. She belongs in 4th grade and I think he belongs in 7th. And her mom was one that was out and is great at child control. AND the elderly lady sub was knocked down in the melee. Said her knee was hurt. THEN I have to stay inside with this same group to tutor for another 90 minutes. I wanted to beat some ass so bad for some of their behaviors but this is the 21st century where lawyers and dumb ass politicians dictate what we can do. So the sh#t hits the fan tomorrow at this school. Thankfully, Im at the other school today where we have much tighter discipline. I expect a call today about the rucuss.
    With children things can change in an instant. With lots of children it can change faster than that..............

2. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,423
    Ratings:
    +7,470 / -160
    Scientists just created metallic hydrogen. It may be a real big breakthrough if they can confirm it will remain stable at room temperatures.

3. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $3,423
    Ratings:
    +7,470 / -160
    Florida statutes say you can belt them and notify the parents afterwards. All that other mess is PC horsesh*t created by school administrators.

4. LagoonGator68

LagoonGator68 Well-Used Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $744
    Ratings:
    +2,981 / -115

Poppycock....read the article

5. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $3,423
    Ratings:
    +7,470 / -160
    One sentence in there claimed they did.

6. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,671
    Ratings:
    +5,994 / -150
    I read that. Amazing. May have never existed before in the entire universe.

7. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $3,423
    Ratings:
    +7,470 / -160
    Hopefully it doesnt turn out like that cold fusion mess years ago.

8. AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,671
    Ratings:
    +5,994 / -150
    Well hopefully they will find the correct sound tone to keep it running hear shortly.

9. bradgator2

bradgator2 1/29/17 half marathon - 1 hour, 34 min, 2 secs
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,874
    Ratings:
    +9,075 / -60
  10. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $2,157
    Ratings:
    +3,415 / -295
    Here you see how the media does not understand science. Sure some theory predicts this state of matter, but under what conditions? Sure one group saw what they think is that state of matter, that is great. Not until their results are confirmed by others will this even be accepted. Then the engineering will be very difficult.

For example we know that fusion occurs and we have controlled it in the experimental arena. We may never be capable of using it to produce commercial energy, or it might take a very long time.

Science works differently and not in a way that the media can report to the masses.

We also have super conductive materials and some are actually used commercially, but in very limited circumstances due to the conditions required. Now room temperature superconductors if cheap enough would revolutionize many things. That might be impossible.

11. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $5,326
    Ratings:
    +11,912 / -38
    What... the f*ck... happened between post one and two that I missed?!?!?

• ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
      $2,157
      Ratings:
      +3,415 / -295
      Note it is peer reviewed which only means that some other professionals have reviewed it and found no mistakes. Real scientist are skeptical of all such claims until they are replicated by multiple other experiments. Peer review is nothing in hard science, just an indication that this is something that others need to replicate.

Cold fusion is a great example, the original experiment was contaminated by some material stored in a cabinet near the experiment, so it was never replicated and eventually that experiment was determined to be in error.

• bradgator2

bradgator2 1/29/17 half marathon - 1 hour, 34 min, 2 secs
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,874
      Ratings:
      +9,075 / -60
      Fever was drunk.

• Lake Gator

Lake Gator SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
        Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
        $264
        Ratings:
        +2,264 / -24
        And here I sit wondering how in hell can metallic hydrogen be used to alter and control juvenile delinquents. Strange science.

• Lake Gator

Lake Gator SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
          Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
          $264
          Ratings:
          +2,264 / -24
          U have future liberal anarchists on your hands.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,494
          Ratings:
          +8,434 / -757
          And the state DCF says if you leave any mark it is child abuse............so the lawyers win.......

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,494
          Ratings:
          +8,434 / -757
          I was thinking it is what we do in another forum when the resident Dbag posts the same old sh#t. We talk about supper or something completely unrelated ................but IF metalic H can work im all for it....

• Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
            $3,423
            Ratings:
            +7,470 / -160
            Yep DCF has also got cops to arrest the parents for their kid going to the park alone and the state tossed the crap out. Some counties in FL still whip kids. I am surprised yours doesn't since its located in that part of the state. Most do get the parents permission ahead of time even though the law in FL only requires their notification after the whipping.

• oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
            Administrator

Oxbucks:
            $16,159
            Ratings:
            +31,332 / -686
            Leave marks? You're a real amateur. Beating your wife or kids with a bag of oranges has always done the job, and never leaves marks or bruises.

• AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $3,671
              Ratings:
              +5,994 / -150
              I thought he was yanking Coach's chain...bringing up a non-related story.