Scott Frost fired after going 16-31 at Nebraska

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Okaboji Lake with everybody else from Nebraska.

That leaves Butters out...he misses his shark.

Mullen maybe...he can recruit from the lake.

Any JUCOs near there?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hate having to agree with Finebaum, but Meyer makes perfect sense for Nebraska. He loves programs with deep tradition, he's a national recruiter and no one's going to bat an eye when he kicks the kicker. Heck, they'd extend his contract over it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hate having to agree with Finebaum, but Meyer makes perfect sense for Nebraska. He loves programs with deep tradition, he's a national recruiter and no one's going to bat an eye when he kicks the kicker. Heck, they'd extend his contract over it.
Meyer is one of the greatest coaching in CFB history. He would be a home run hire ANYWHERE. Finebaum saying that he would be a good hire and acting like he's really going out on a limb is asinine.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he wanted to coach college football again, don’t you think he would have taken the USC or Texas jobs?

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
Okaboji Lake with everybody else from Nebraska.

I was there with the family last year. Not a bad little spot in the middle of upper Iowa cornfields.

Only issue is it is a bit crowded, houses surround the lake, and lots of boat traffic.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
AGAIN.................Meyer to........... ND

1663082466979.png

And IMHO (Which means NOTHING here) the best FB Coach in History is...

Steve spurrier pointing GIF by Florida Gators

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Frosty should have taken the UF job. If you are going to do a shytty job and get waxed and be a swindler, should do it at a place where you were not supposedly beloved. See Eddie, Cousin and learn some lessons.
I’m pissed at Mullen. I now hate Vacation and Xmas Vacation due to him.

Randy Quaid should sue him for damages to his franchise.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
AGAIN.................Meyer to........... ND

And IMHO (Which means NOTHING here) the best FB Coach in History is...

Steve spurrier pointing GIF by Florida Gators
I don't think ND wants any part of Urbs. Yeah, he would probably compete for championships there, but he has a lot of baggage they wouldn't want to deal with. Besides, unless he turns into an absolute dumpster fire, Freeman will get at least three seasons.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Urbs ain't gonna touch the Nebraska job. Mark Stoops should take it but he won't

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Old sack refrain. Awful Air Force Base in Ohmygod NE on the banks of the Misery river. And that was what folks chosen for HQ duty said. Coldest I have ever been was NE in March. Took off from Maxwell Field and it was 85 and clear. Flew up to Offutt via Andrews and is was 20, snowy, and the wind was howling at 40 knots. It was my turn to do the walk around and I was in short sleeve blue shirt, polyester pants, low quarters and my jacked was a polyester wind breaker. A T-39 has 4 wheels with tires, two motors, a wing on each side, and an empennage. That jet had all of that, I counted and got in. All appendages of my body were numb and on the verge of frostbite. And in all that, there were 10 or so poor souls huddled at the south end of Bldg 500 trying to smoke. Addiction is a horrible thing.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Old sack refrain. Awful Air Force Base in Ohmygod NE on the banks of the Misery river. And that was what folks chosen for HQ duty said. Coldest I have ever been was NE in March. Took off from Maxwell Field and it was 85 and clear. Flew up to Offutt via Andrews and is was 20, snowy, and the wind was howling at 40 knots. It was my turn to do the walk around and I was in short sleeve blue shirt, polyester pants, low quarters and my jacked was a polyester wind breaker. A T-39 has 4 wheels with tires, two motors, a wing on each side, and an empennage. That jet had all of that, I counted and got in. All appendages of my body were numb and on the verge of frostbite. And in all that, there were 10 or so poor souls huddled at the south end of Bldg 500 trying to smoke. Addiction is a horrible thing.
Let's be honest... an Air Force "20 degrees" was probably an actual 59, but we get it. ;) I'm also trying to figure out how Andrews was "on the way", but I stopped trying to figure that stuff out a lonnnnnng time ago when I asked a TNANG C-130 friend similar questions and his answers ranged (and I believe) from "oh, we wanted fresh shrimp" to "oh, we wanted to golf there" :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Someone told a story years ago about how they got out of their car after traveling to Nebraska in the winter and a squirrel was frozen solid on the ground. :lol:

It gets colder there than the average person has any clue about. It's a sh!t job.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Let's be honest... an Air Force "20 degrees" was probably an actual 59, but we get it. ;) I'm also trying to figure out how Andrews was "on the way", but I stopped trying to figure that stuff out a lonnnnnng time ago when I asked a TNANG C-130 friend similar questions and his answers ranged (and I believe) from "oh, we wanted fresh shrimp" to "oh, we wanted to golf there" :lol:
So, the T-39 was a operational support airlift vehicle. We flew GOs from place to place. Flying out of Maxwell we generally took the AU commander to DC. Then picked up someone to take to other HQ site. A mission day was typically Maxwell to Andrews to Wright Patt or Offutt. Maybe to Tinker or Randolph and back home. I have picked up lobster and tamales to bring back. No since wasting gas. Also landed at a civilian airfield in KC where the fixed based operator wouldn't take the government fuel voucher. Had to fill up on my personal credit card, about 1800 dollars back then. My bride wasn't happy. And it was every bit of 20 degrees. At least the ground pounders had parkas and stuff. :headslap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator