Scott Frost: Nebraska and Florida

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I base my decisions on facts. Because of that, Jessica, I will need to see some pics of you before I can decide which way I think Frost goes.

giphy.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That AD sounds very confident that they'll get frost. No wonder there's all this stoops smoke out there.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
I will drop trou and deficate in the middle of Florida Field if Stoops is on our list. The Stoops smoke better be only coming from Hollywood Bob's faperverations. Is anyone else even mentioning Stoops?

Back on topic ... pics, Jessica ... pics.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I've had a small gut feeling all along it may be Stoops. It could just be gas.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Full disclosure that I am a Nebraska fan. I'm glad that UF fans realize that Scott Frost is a legit head coach. I'm just passing along a radio interview that was done today by our AD and also a tweet about the connection between UNL's Chancellor and how he knows Scott Frost.

Please take a couple of minutes to listen to the radio interview.

Chris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS 58m58 minutes ago
Replying to @ChrisDunkerLJS
Q: We all know winter is coming to Nebraska, when is Frost coming? A: Green laughs. Tells story about how athletics is "just like any other business." About management, performance, metrics and customers. "When you realize the need for change, you act."

Chris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS 57m57 minutes ago
Replying to @ChrisDunkerLJS
Green adds university is evaluating its business. Says he was at 97 Orange Bowl. Wife's roommate was Frost's cousin. "Yeah, I know who Scott Frost is. We will do what needs to be done in the right way."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_369b626a-c413-11e7-9cd1-af19c41a1674.html

Don't let these Grumpy Ol' Gators get under your skin. If you provide good info, and aren't a d!ck, you're welcome here.

That said, Nebraska ain't what it used to be. Recruits weren't even a twinkle in daddy's eyes the last time Nebraska was relevant. Add that to, how do I say this politely, Lincoln is "Georaphically challenged". I don't know if Sabah could do it.

Just curious, has Frost been a loyal alumn, fund raising, around the program, etc. the only reason to go to Neb over Fla is loyalty to his alma mater.

How loyal is he?

Still hate Tommie Frazier

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Don't let these Grumpy Ol' Gators get under your skin. If you provide good info, and aren't a d!ck, you're welcome here.

That said, Nebraska ain't what it used to be. Recruits weren't even a twinkle in daddy's eyes the last time Nebraska was relevant. Add that to, how do I say this politely, Lincoln is "Georaphically challenged". I don't know if Sabah could do it.

Just curious, has Frost been a loyal alumn, fund raising, around the program, etc. the only reason to go to Neb over Fla is loyalty to his alma mater.

How loyal is he?

Still hate Tommy Frazier.
He was not a happy husker when he was there, i doubt he is a fundraiser for them.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I have this feeling that NU is going to overplay the school loyalty card. They need a hometown discount. NU has been irrelevant for a long time. If Frost goes it is because they ponied up major cash. If they do then they did what they needed to.

We seem to be all in on Frost.

But what about UNL ?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has NU fired their coach yet?
Exactly. They can talk all they want about hiring Frost or anybody else but until they actually fire the current coach its pretty hard to seriously shop for a new one.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Depending on the actual amount of income, Nebraska would have to pay about 300-400k per year more than use just to break even due to state income taxes and property taxes.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
My experience with Nebraska weather....(skip if you have ADD or just don't care)

So I have to travel with my job and had to go to Omaha in the middle of January.....it was 13 degrees BELOW ZERO. When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered why they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID. I went into the hotel and the desk clerk asked me if I had plugged my rental car into the outlet in front of the car. I asked why and he told me that at the temperatures they were expecting that night (-25 or colder) that my car battery would most likely be dead and if not, the oil in the car would be so thick it would not pump through the car...potential leaving me stranded somewhere. I was like WTF??? Then, the next morning, I had to borrow a hammer and screw driver to chip off the ice on the car so I could open my door and see out the windshield. I went to my meeting and told the story to the folks I was meeting with and they all just looked at me like, "yeah...so?" I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with you people??" and vowed to never go back to the state ever again. That was 17 years ago and I handed that account over to a newbie who later told me he quit the company because he did not ever want to go back to Nebraska.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.