Screw Sony

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I just purchased a 65 inch Sony. A bad a$$ tv.

However, to put the legs on the tv, you slide the legs between the tv and a set of screws. The weight of the tv holds the legs in place.

However, since you are using the tv’s weight to keep the legs attached, there’s some instability. To fix that, there’s a place for a screw to firmly attach the leg to the tv.

problem is, that screw is NOT PROVIDED!.

it’s even in the manual the screw is not provided.

A near $1,000 tv, and I don’t get the screw to ensure my tv won’t fall. I’m so tempted to throw it on my foot, and sue them.

I went threw every loose screw of mine (I have plenty of loose screws in house and head), and none fit.

I am “watching McElwain coach Florida” level angry!

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

However, to put the legs on the tv, you slide the legs between the tv and a set of screws. The weight of the tv holds the legs in place.

However, since you are using the tv’s weight to keep the legs attached, there’s some instability. To fix that, there’s a place for a screw to firmly attach the leg to the tv.

A near $1,000 tv, and I don’t get the screw to ensure my tv won’t fall. I’m so tempted to throw it on my foot, and sue them.

I went threw every loose screw of mine (I have plenty of loose screws in house and head), and none fit.

Shake your head some more to see if another screw surfaces. :dunno:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Those screws are usually a self tapping screw that goes into the plastic on the back of the tv.

It should have been included. To not is cheap.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Try to consider what Sony is up against. Can you imagine how much a 12 cent screw would destroy their profit margin on that $1000 tv???

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I just purchased a 65 inch Sony. there’s a place for a screw to firmly attach the leg to the tv.

That's some serious level anger right there!

Not that this will be any help, but I gave up on Sony a long time ago and went the Samsung route. To me, the quality is the same and they are a lot cheaper.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

your screws.....
servlet.FileDownload

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
your screws.....
servlet.FileDownload
I do appreciate it. They weren’t there. I almost returned the darn thing over the screw.

should have stuck with my LG brand. You see their new oled TVs. Each pixel emits light, so there’s no color bleeding and you get true blacks.

bout 2-3x cost of a regular led, but they are a sharp looking tv

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
See if you can find the specs of said screw and then purchase it at your local big box self-help bricknmortar.

Drive both ways with the windows down, because the weather has been amazing, and a cold beer in the console...next to your pump hand sanitizer bottle, while your N-95 swings from the rear view, and listening to your favorite station.

These Sony blues will melt away.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do appreciate it. They weren’t there. I almost returned the darn thing over the screw.

should have stuck with my LG brand. You see their new oled TVs. Each pixel emits light, so there’s no color bleeding and you get true blacks.

bout 2-3x cost of a regular led, but they are a sharp looking tv
I thought I was the only ass hole that got screwed on a regular basis.
A lightning strike took out the big screen Vizio and I hooked up a 31 incher from the guest room. Old but worked fine til the last Black Friday event. So I bought a 60" JVC smart online from Wuhan-mart for something like $279. I'm grinning and bragging about the deal I got. Well it took something like 10 days for it to ship and because I wanted to lessen the handling I decided to pick it up at the Neighborhood Market which is less than a mile away. I get there and the lady drags it out of the back and theres a big hole punched in the front. I make a big scene in front of everybody and the lady says sorry, but take it home and if somethings wrong just bring it back.

I load it up and haul it home, then drag it into the house and unpack it. The screen looks like someone laid it on the floor and jumped on it. So I take it back and again show my ass about all the trouble I have gone through. Anyway, the lady refunds my money except for the cost of the 4 year warranty I purchased. Hell naw, I know how you basturds work. Another argument ensues and I tell her I want to see THE MANAGER. She gets on the phone and moments later this manly little foreign lesbian shows up to tell me the balance of my refund will come later (maybe $40) and I'm like no I ain't leaving without my damned money. There's a line of people snickering watching this idiot raising hell. Well I know where the real managers office is and I hot foot it over there and as I'm quietly explaining to him what has happened, the lesbian shows up and jumps between us to tell him the story as she understands it. I'm blowing steam again and he politely asks her to go back to work he will handle this.
He gives me his card and promises me that if I don't receive the balance within a week he will give it to me out of his pocket. OK I give. I decide to stop at the customer service desk to confirm they automatically reorder the tv and she tells me no, you have to go home and re-order on line.

I storm out of the store and go home and get online to reorder and the sale is no longer on and the tv is now regularly priced. On top of that they are sold out, probably 30 days out. I'm about to have an anuerysm. I called the online customer service dept and I'm told there's nothing they can do, sales off, none available. He suggests I go to the Superstore and explain to the manager there and he will give me a break on a comparable.
I get to the store and wait a half hour to see the manager. Nope. Take it up with online sales, not my problem. By this time it's about 9:30 in the evening and I have a headache. All my puffery and blubbering has only made me a few more enemies. I'm like, ok you win. What do you have in stock? Guy walks over and shows me a comparable model feature wise with a chinese name I have never heard before for about $75 dollars more than the original tv. It's raining now and I get drenched loading it in the car. Finally the next day I have the two little plastic legs installed, mine came with screws, and the set works great. I had completely forgotten about this til you brought up your problem.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Cross,

that’s a funny story....now.
Sure wasn’t back then.

here’s a funny one: I pull into a gas station to put air in tires. I go to cashier and ask for change for the air pump.

she says, change is for customers only.
I politely, then not so politely, advise her that if I’m putting that change into her machine, I am, by definition, a customer.

I make such a scene, some dude gave me $1.00 in quarters for free cause I made him laugh.

west palm beach: the Texaco on palm beach lakes and village Blvd has FSU level stupid employees.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cross,

Sure wasn’t back then.

here’s a funny one: I pull into a gas station to put air in tires. I go to cashier and ask for change for the air pump.

I politely, then not so politely, advise her that if I’m putting that change into her machine, I am, by definition, a customer.

I make such a scene, some dude gave me $1.00 in quarters for free cause I made him laugh.

west palm beach: the Texaco on palm beach lakes and village Blvd has FSU level stupid employees.

:lol:
I remember one time in Corpus Christi, I was at the local community college signing up for an elective course but everyone was on lunch break so I had some time to kill in the registrar’s office. The vending machines only took change and dollar bills, so I went to the bursar’s office to get some change for a ten. Some snotty like skinny jeans fag was sitting there reading a book, doing absolutely no work, and I politely asked him if I could get change for the ten. Without even looking up from his book, he responds in an exasperated tone like he’s talking to a small child, “Sir, this office doesn’t exist for the purpose of providing change to people.”

I almost jumped over the counter, ripped his arm off and beat him to death with it. But instead I said, “Well I’ve got news for you genius.... there isn’t any place anywhere that exists for the purpose of providing change to people. It’s called common fvking courtesy and its how civilized people get along with each other on this planet!

A minute later I was feeding my dollar bills into the vending machine.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I was the only ass hole that got screwed on a regular basis.
A lightning strike took out the big screen Vizio and I hooked up a 31 incher from the guest room. Old but worked fine til the last Black Friday event. So I bought a 60" JVC smart online from Wuhan-mart for something like $279. I'm grinning and bragging about the deal I got. Well it took something like 10 days for it to ship and because I wanted to lessen the handling I decided to pick it up at the Neighborhood Market which is less than a mile away. I get there and the lady drags it out of the back and theres a big hole punched in the front. I make a big scene in front of everybody and the lady says sorry, but take it home and if somethings wrong just bring it back.

I load it up and haul it home, then drag it into the house and unpack it. The screen looks like someone laid it on the floor and jumped on it. So I take it back and again show my ass about all the trouble I have gone through. Anyway, the lady refunds my money except for the cost of the 4 year warranty I purchased. Hell naw, I know how you basturds work. Another argument ensues and I tell her I want to see THE MANAGER. She gets on the phone and moments later this manly little foreign lesbian shows up to tell me the balance of my refund will come later (maybe $40) and I'm like no I ain't leaving without my damned money. There's a line of people snickering watching this idiot raising hell. Well I know where the real managers office is and I hot foot it over there and as I'm quietly explaining to him what has happened, the lesbian shows up and jumps between us to tell him the story as she understands it. I'm blowing steam again and he politely asks her to go back to work he will handle this.
He gives me his card and promises me that if I don't receive the balance within a week he will give it to me out of his pocket. OK I give. I decide to stop at the customer service desk to confirm they automatically reorder the tv and she tells me no, you have to go home and re-order on line.

I storm out of the store and go home and get online to reorder and the sale is no longer on and the tv is now regularly priced. On top of that they are sold out, probably 30 days out. I'm about to have an anuerysm. I called the online customer service dept and I'm told there's nothing they can do, sales off, none available. He suggests I go to the Superstore and explain to the manager there and he will give me a break on a comparable.
I get to the store and wait a half hour to see the manager. Nope. Take it up with online sales, not my problem. By this time it's about 9:30 in the evening and I have a headache. All my puffery and blubbering has only made me a few more enemies. I'm like, ok you win. What do you have in stock? Guy walks over and shows me a comparable model feature wise with a chinese name I have never heard before for about $75 dollars more than the original tv. It's raining now and I get drenched loading it in the car. Finally the next day I have the two little plastic legs installed, mine came with screws, and the set works great. I had completely forgotten about this til you brought up your problem.
Love ya Cooter but anyone that’s shops at that **** hole deserves it. :lol:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cross,

Sure wasn’t back then.

Cross.....hehehehe....

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
See if you can find the specs of said screw and then purchase it at your local big box self-help bricknmortar.

Drive both ways with the windows down, because the weather has been amazing, and a cold beer in the console...next to your pump hand sanitizer bottle, while your N-95 swings from the rear view, and listening to your favorite station.

These Sony blues will melt away.
Try this screw..."M5 x16" M5 being the type of screw x16 being the size (16mm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.