Recruiting SDS: former Ole Miss WR details Mullens lack of effort recruiting

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your being funny right? Mullen SUCKS at recruiting and it will be his downfall.
Remind yourself about all this cawk you've been sucking when you wonder why we don't have LBs this year. Or safeties. Or OL. Or RBs. Or when we are playing undersized OLBs at DE and DT.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remind yourself about all this cawk you've been sucking when you wonder why we don't have LBs this year. Or safeties. Or OL. Or RBs. Or when we are playing undersized OLBs at DE and DT.

WTF are you talking about? I just said the guy sucks at recruiting and his failure to keep up with Kirby Dumb will be his downfall. We couldnt block a fly on offense (run game) and if we play this season it will likely be worse.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is shocking!! SHOCKING I SAY!!!

AJ Brown shares details of his recruitment, including signing day eve bribery attempt and Dan Mullen's lack of effort on the trail

AJ Brown shares details of his recruitment, including signing day eve bribery attempt and Dan Mullen’s lack of effort on the trail

As most Mississippi State fans are well aware, the Starkville native turned down the option to stay local and play for Dan Mullen’s Bulldog program. So why didn’t Brown go to Mississippi State?

“It was kinda too close (to home) and the coach didn’t really recruit me,” Brown said. “He just expected I was going to come.”

Florida fans can relate to that comment.
Imagine a UT grad writing a piece that dunks on a UF coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was agreeing with you!

"C'mon man! Do we need to give you a test to see if you're taking the cocaine or not? What do you think, huh? Are you a junkie?"
Test away. But Im pretty sure my piss is still 40% alcohol.

Dan never agrees with me. Even if he did agree with me, he wouldn't let me know. And I respect that.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So it's not true? Mullen went hard after Brown and Brown was lying? Okay.....
No, it's a little bit mountain out of molehill and really doesn't follow up on Mullen's laziness - has a single quote and then talks about Mullen's laziness in the subheadline.

Definitely took the opportunity to dunk on a rival coach with little more than that quote/opinion to go on. So, yeah, imagine it being a UT grad authoring that shot lol.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, it's a little bit mountain out of molehill and really doesn't follow up on Mullen's laziness - has a single quote and then talks about Mullen's laziness in the subheadline.

Definitely took the opportunity to dunk on a rival coach with little more than that quote/opinion to go on. So, yeah, imagine it being a UT grad authoring that shot lol.
There have been many quotes regarding our recruiting from rivals coaches too, under the current regime and the last.

And plenty of comments from recruits, even kids who grew up Gators, about us ignoring them or showing up late after they committed to Ugly/ Bama/ whomever when the other teams had been recruiting them for a year and a half.

You can pretend this is a single point of data all you want but even you know you are lying to yourself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There have been many quotes regarding our recruiting from rivals coaches too, under the current regime and the last.

And plenty of comments from recruits, even kids who grew up Gators, about us ignoring them or showing up late after they committed to Ugly/ Bama/ whomever when the other teams had been recruiting them for a year and a half.

You can pretend this is a single point of data all you want but even you know you are lying to yourself.

No, no. It was a UT grad who wrote the article. Nothing to see here. Mullen is doing a great job!! So is the rest of the staff. Nothing to worry about, Dan will just coach em up and out-coach all the other coaches despite the huge talent gap.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to worry about, Dan will just coach em up and out-coach all the other coaches despite the huge talent gap.....
Except when he loses.

Then he is only losing the ones he's "SUPPOSED TO LOSE"... because of less talent.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No, no. It was a UT grad who wrote the article. Nothing to see here. Mullen is doing a great job!! So is the rest of the staff. Nothing to worry about, Dan will just coach em up and out-coach all the other coaches despite the huge talent gap.....

Haha- Can't make a comment about the source without getting thrown into a strawman. I am not saying anything positive about Mullen's recruiting because I call out that this guy takes a lazy shot at UF's coach, nor will I take this poor excuse for reporting as any sort of valid data point on Mullen's lack of effort on the trail.

Classic example of our sucks/rules culture - whatever man - I would, personally, take the more well sourced material around our awful OL recruiting or Mullen's addiction to friends taking up needed recruiting roles on staff when they are not producing at all to make that point rather than highlight and send clicks to a hack article done by a writer that lazily makes a point in order to dunk on a rival.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I just take issue with giving a rival writer who lazily makes a case and drops in a clickbait headline the clicks when all those other sources exist to make the same point. Don't give the UT guy the pleasure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Haha- Can't make a comment about the source without getting thrown into a strawman. I am not saying anything positive about Mullen's recruiting because I call out that this guy takes a lazy shot at UF's coach, nor will I take this poor excuse for reporting as any sort of valid data point on Mullen's lack of effort on the trail.

Classic example of our sucks/rules culture - whatever man - I would, personally, take the more well sourced material around our awful OL recruiting or Mullen's addiction to friends taking up needed recruiting roles on staff when they are not producing at all to make that point rather than highlight and send clicks to a hack article done by a writer that lazily makes a point in order to dunk on a rival.
:owned:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:yawn:

it's okay. in about 2 years you guys can stand in line with Dooley and pretend you knew it all along.

I agree though. no clicks for *******s. why I never leave a Dooley link.
You are constantly convinced everyone is disagreeing with you even when they aren't. Hell, you just crushed Dan after he openly agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb