SDS: Is Dan Mullen the most overrated coach in America?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let me sum up the parties that have now turned on Dan Mullen, and I'm tellin' ya fellas, the last one is the most significant...
  1. Boosters, Bull Gators, season ticket holders.
  2. Fan base.
  3. Media clearly shifted this weekend from "holes in the dyke" with Edgar to "the damn has burst" with this piece.
  4. Now here is the "odd barometer" one that I think is really important, because it is almost 100% Mom's (think Megan Mullen types) who reflexively defend what they perceive to be a "he's a good person" type... On Facebook, I belong to the "UF Class of 2022 Parents", "UF Class of 2024 Parents," and "Group For University Of Florida Parents & Families." All three are private groups for parents/families. All three are official UF administered pages staffed by full time advisors that are INCREDIBLY helpful answer questions on anything you can think of student related. It's almost all Mom's, and they do like football/sports and always post all kinds of pre-game stuff their kids are doing, blah, blah, blah. Well HO LEE FUK did all three pages explode during the game, and especially on Sunday! You'd think these mom's were "cutting and pasting" from GatorChatter regarding the bum Grantham at first, the whole EJ vs AR thing, but on Sunday, full on "Dan's gotta go now!" Adding in for Son #1 with "UF Class of 2020," I've been on these pages for 5 years now and NEVER seen anything like this...
Dan has lost the Mom's... you never want to lose the Mom's... When Mom's switch from posting pics of their daughters $2000 decorated dorm room to "FIRE THAT BUM!", you have crossed the Rubicon. Dan has gone "full retard," and as we all know, one never goes full retard!

Good luck Dan!

Are there any pics of said moms?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have to agree with Ox that the media is not exactly ahead of the curve on Mullen. This pile-on job reads like a preface from Captain Obvious.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
MOST overrated? Probably too biased to answer that honestly, but definitely overrated/overpaid/underperforming enough that I hope Stricklin is reading the article.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Um, would a guy like me EVER click on a Mom's post if the little profile pic had potential hotness and then click on "photos" to confirm/deny said potential hotness? NO, Brad! What kind of fukked up perv would do that!?!?!?! :whistle:
:raisehand:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
he needs to fire grantham immediately. it's embarrassing how bad the defense has been under his control. how many games have we lost despite the offense scoring 35+ points? i don't understand this amount of patience for a defensive coordinator that hasn't earned it with a proven track record.
He knows Mullen's dirty laundry.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Detroit is some kinda Batman. When not rescuing hostages from Afghanistan he has time to take the social temperature of the UF Mom's facebook pages.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That ship has sailed. When he didn’t fire him last year, he made the decision to go down in flames with him.

I agree with your sentiment but I have very little faith in the admin to pull the plug on Mullen without first letting him open the 2022 season with forced staff changes. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see these clowns getting their shyt together at this point when they’ve botched everything they’ve touched for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.