SDS: Is Dan Mullen the most overrated coach in America?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Next up, Is Megan Mullen’s pregame face touching part of a creepy ritual

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Scuds are launching left and right.

Mullen last seen borrowing some of Urbs esophageal spasm medication.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let me sum up the parties that have now turned on Dan Mullen, and I'm tellin' ya fellas, the last one is the most significant...
  1. Boosters, Bull Gators, season ticket holders.
  2. Fan base.
  3. Media clearly shifted this weekend from "holes in the dyke" with Edgar to "the damn has burst" with this piece.
  4. Now here is the "odd barometer" one that I think is really important, because it is almost 100% Mom's (think Megan Mullen types) who reflexively defend what they perceive to be a "he's a good person" type... On Facebook, I belong to the "UF Class of 2022 Parents", "UF Class of 2024 Parents," and "Group For University Of Florida Parents & Families." All three are private groups for parents/families. All three are official UF administered pages staffed by full time advisors that are INCREDIBLY helpful answer questions on anything you can think of student related. It's almost all Mom's, and they do like football/sports and always post all kinds of pre-game stuff their kids are doing, blah, blah, blah. Well HO LEE FUK did all three pages explode during the game, and especially on Sunday! You'd think these mom's were "cutting and pasting" from GatorChatter regarding the bum Grantham at first, the whole EJ vs AR thing, but on Sunday, full on "Dan's gotta go now!" Adding in for Son #1 with "UF Class of 2020," I've been on these pages for 5 years now and NEVER seen anything like this...
Dan has lost the Mom's... you never want to lose the Mom's... When Mom's switch from posting pics of their daughters $2000 decorated dorm room to "FIRE THAT BUM!", you have crossed the Rubicon. Dan has gone "full retard," and as we all know, one never goes full retard!

Good luck Dan!
It moved....

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The wimps in the last two articles are still imagining that somehow Mullenz can change and just needs to fire choker and start AR.

He's been a head coach for more than a decade. He is what he is, and it's time for him to return to a program that doesn't care about winning.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I used to say Les miles was. That changed when he was fired and disappeared. Then it was Jimbo and up until recently I'd say that was still the case. But even Jimbo Fisher is 10 times the coach this smooth brained hunchback is. The answer is yes, and by an extremely wide margin.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
guy was all in on Butters to the very end. Still thinks Mullen is the guy with a good DC. Stars don’t matter either. Biggest pumper on Twitter. One minute he says this and the next that he loves Mullen
He loves to block anyone on his social media pages that disagree with him. Total douche canoe

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He WANTS to be fired, if anything it will encourage him to tank the season more than he has already.

Who wouldn’t want 12 million cool dollars to not coach?

I was about to post this. He doesn't GAF! He's got his $7.6 million this season, plus the $18 million he's already made....and another cool $12 million coming his way. Then, if he wants to keep coaching, he'll easily land another OC job somewhere and I'm sure a Wake Forest, Texas Tech, type program would offer him a head job if he ever wanted to get back into that. It's a disgrace. If Butters landed another head job, 8-4 Mullen will too. So...he doesn't care!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I was about to post this. He doesn't GAF! He's got his $7.6 million this season, plus the $18 million he's already made....and another cool $12 million coming his way. Then, if he wants to keep coaching, he'll easily land another OC job somewhere and I'm sure a Wake Forest, Texas Tech, type program would offer him a head job if he ever wanted to get back into that. It's a disgrace. If Butters landed another head job, 8-4 Mullen will too. So...he doesn't care!
Muschamp, Mac, and Zook all landed other head coaching gigs once they left UF, no matter how putrid their records were here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

In all honesty, Butters is probably the right comparison. He has made all the money he needs, he will take the buyout. Take a year off or as a position/OC coach. Then sign on to a lower tier program where the pressure and expectations are lower. Then basically retire being a good coach in a middling conference without a worry in the world.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp, Mac, and Zook all landed other head coaching gigs once they left UF, no matter how putrid their records were here.

Mac and Muschamp had to spend a year as a position coach or coordinator.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
guy was all in on Butters to the very end. Still thinks Mullen is the guy with a good DC. Stars don’t matter either. Biggest pumper on Twitter. One minute he says this and the next that he loves Mullen

Don't kill the messenger - he's calling Mullen out stronger than any other "dance-around" article I've read. Basically saying your "Gator Standard" speech was a lie and it's time to fire your buddy, start your best players and get off your lazy ass and recruit some players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.