SDS: Is Dan Mullen the most overrated coach in America?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Odd to hear him say he's competitive when he's got to be the most non-competitive coach we've had.

Because it's been an act from the beginning... remember the Missouri post game interview in 2018. How fake did that sound? How out of character? I mean you hear/read all these articles about where is that guy who challenged the press to thumb wars now. That Mullen never left, he never existed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because it's been an act from the beginning... remember the Missouri post game interview in 2018. How fake did that sound? How out of character? I mean you hear/read all these articles about where is that guy who challenged the press to thumb wars now. That Mullen never left, he never existed.
Much like McElbutters trying to be the All Power Oz /Saban during receuiting, it was Mulkinz trying to be Urban.

Any doubt that Urban races you up stairs? None in my mind.

I bet Mullinz stole that exact phrase from CUM.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Much like McElbutters trying to be the All Power Oz /Saban during receuiting, it was Mulkinz trying to be Urban.

Any doubt that Urban races you up stairs? None in my mind.

I bet Mullinz stole that exact phrase from CUM.

I had to coach who used to say, if you have to tell people you who you are over and over, then you aren't. You actions will show far more than your words.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is Captain Obvious, but it's more "media" calling him out (this guy is from Gatorcountry, which is a well known homer, suck up, don't say anything negative (until the bitter end) site):

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FCAZCm9XIAgJOkg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know some of you younger tykes, or you brainless older ones, arent aware that Mullinz has the most hated member of Urban's staff, but he has zero support.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know some of you younger tykes, or you brainless older ones, arent aware that Mullinz has the most hated member of Urban's staff, but he has zero support.

Somehow he’s always managed to be seen as a brilliant dick.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good look when people figure out you aren't brilliant

Mullen really is the Jeff George of college coaches. All the tools in the bag led by a big brain until game time. Then it inevitably all unravels.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good look when people figure out you aren't brilliant
allegedly he interviewed or pre interviewed for several prior jobs while he was trying to get out of that shtthole Muhssippi.

it seems so far that Stricklin is the only person's ever thought he should be hired.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I had to coach who used to say, if you have to tell people you who you are over and over, then you aren't. You actions will show far more than your words.

I was about to post this in response to your post directly above it. You shouldn't have to say it. It should be obvious to everyone already. I remember there being a comment about how competitive Spurrier was even in little things like ping-pong. But it wasn't him saying it. It was Jerri. If you have to try to convince people of hat and who you are, you've already lost. And the fact that he's used that line twice now(again a few weeks back), says it all. He's more trying to convince himself that that's who he is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was about to post this in response to your post directly above it. You shouldn't have to say it. It should be obvious to everyone already. I remember there being a comment about how competitive Spurrier was even in little things like ping-pong. But it wasn't him saying it. It was Jerri. If you have to try to convince people of hat and who you are, you've already lost. And the fact that he's used that line twice now(again a few weeks back), says it all. He's more trying to convince himself that that's who he is.

I did the Florida Gator football camp from 84-93, which usually ran in mid June. Spurrier came down one year when it was raining so bad we were stuck in the offices/game room in the stadium. We were all bored and ended up having a ping pong and foosball competition. He joined in both competitions. Spurrier was more involved in the camps than Hall.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have a friend who knew him at Illinois... said he was hands down the biggest prick he ever met.

George was an original pre-Madonna. He bolted Purdue after the team hired a run-heavy coach and then backed out of transferring to Miami when Johnson wouldn’t guarantee him to start. The Illini inherited themselves a real head case.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016

Ping pong, golf, place-kicking . . . . SOS couldn’t NOT compete at anything. Plus, he’d let you know when he kicked your a$$. Guy was the all-time greatest Gator.

Part of me thinks Gator Nation won’t ever be satisfied bc we’ll never have another SOS. It’s impossible. A favorite son who bleeds O & B, revolutionizes the game in the most entertaining way, relishes beating our rivals, brings us to the Promised Land (where we stayed for a while), and had fun doing it.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Derek Dooley and then Butch Jones should be the next couple coaches if we are to keep on schedule.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So far the only thing people CONSISTENTLY say about Mullinz is "he excels at the LIFE part of work/life balance" which is the exact opposite of a competitive guy.

basically, just as we've heard from the beginning, he's on vacation.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
George was an original pre-Madonna. He bolted Purdue after the team hired a run-heavy coach and then backed out of transferring to Miami when Johnson wouldn’t guarantee him to start. The Illini inherited themselves a real head case.
"Pre-Madonna"?!?!?!? That's some smoking mirrors, escape goat schit right there!!! (but oddly, it works for the singer) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.