SDS: Is Dan Mullen the most overrated coach in America?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Much like McElbutters trying to be the All Power Oz /Saban during receuiting, it was Mulkinz trying to be Urban.

Any doubt that Urban races you up stairs? None in my mind.

I bet Mullinz stole that exact phrase from CUM.

And he stole the thumb wrestling line from Mr. Rogers. Mullen thought it sounded cool…he was wrong.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Somehow he’s always managed to be seen as a brilliant dick.

Pay some “journalists” a couple thousand $’s each to write some “QB Whisperer” puff pieces and repeat it a few times and next thing you know the gullible sheep believe it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I recall when he was hired I saw a stat that he was 2-18 vs top 20 teams. I knew then it would be all up to what kind of assistants he could put together. He has failed in that category.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Pay some “journalists” a couple thousand $’s each to write some “QB Whisperer” puff pieces and repeat it a few times and next thing you know the gullible sheep believe it.
With the amount of moolah we throw at these overpaid jackasses, they could easily purchase positive press.
And likely they do, cleverly laundered through their agent's publicity department of course.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We’ve been lapped by Kentucky. UT will be much improved in a year or two and this sumbitch did nothing to put the fork in FSU’s and UM’s brands while they were down and now both are out recruiting us. To say nothing of the ever widening gap between us and UGA. We’re headed into bleak territory.

If he was overrated. He’s not anymore. His dirty laundry is blowing in the wind now. Not just here. Everywhere.

Fuchs this guy and his clown car staff.

Way to peak your career and then make a fool out of yourself and hamstring this program….

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With the amount of moolah we throw at these overpaid jackasses, they could easily purchase positive press.
And likely they do, cleverly laundered through their agent's publicity department of course.
oh they aren't paying for anything.

they just cut you off completely if you ever print anything negative, like they did to Gator country under Duncechump.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
It’s time to reevaluate the idea that Florida’s Dan Mullen is 1 of the 10 best coaches in college football.
Said no one ever! Someone who spends nine years at Mississippi State and is another teams 14th choice as head coach is anything but a top ten coach in college football.

Matt Hayes is running out of schit to write about

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I would say Jimbo Fisher is the most overrated coach in college football. If you take away his JW years he averages 3-4 losses a year mostly in the ACC when he had a top 5 talented team but would find ways to lose to teams like WF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I would say Jimbo Fisher is the most overrated coach in college football. If you take away his JW years he averages 3-4 losses a year mostly in the ACC when he had a top 5 talented team but would find ways to lose to teams like WF
That guy can recruit at least. And he definitely knows how to get paid. So they at least have that in common.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Without JW he'd have nothing
Mullins has been gifted multiple once a decade type players and it did not matter. hell he didn't even play Dak or Trash until he was forced to. Kadarius and Pitts didn't play either.

JW played as a freshman.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Without JW he'd have nothing

But he DID have JW! Just stop! The guy has a national championship and four 1st round draft pick QBs. He can walk into any prospects house and show him and his parents hardware. Mullen can talk about his glory days from 13 years ago.....

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
But he DID have JW! Just stop! The guy has a national championship and four 1st round draft pick QBs. He can walk into any prospects house and show him and his parents hardware. Mullen can talk about his glory days from 13 years ago.....

Somehow I think Mullen talks about Pokemon

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No athletic director except Stricklin ever thought he was worth hiring.
This is all most people would need to know....I get that people make hiring mistakes...it happens BUT I don't remember people lining up saying they wanted this guy before Stricklin called him?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Thank you for proving my point. He's had everything you just talked about and he still found a way to lose 3 games a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb