Sean Kelley the new Voice of the Gators

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Your avatar is the worst...would you change it before September...unless its a Devil Dog. All others need castration.

:shocked2:
That’s my alma maters new athletics rebrand, first one done in 40 years, looks a lot like the GW logo in the 60s, a nod to the past when guys like Artis Gilmore and John Drew roamed the Springs of Boiling.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That’s my alma maters new athletics rebrand, first one done in 40 years, looks a lot like the GW logo in the 60s, a nod to the past when guys like Artis Gilmore and John Drew roamed the Springs of Boiling.

It looks UGA...MSU just sayin

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was a big Drew fan when he played for the Hawks and ALL their games were on TBS.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was a big Drew fan when he played for the Hawks and ALL their games were on TBS.
He passed away of bone cancer in April. No doubt his drug addiction shortened his life. He was the first player ever banned from the NBA for substance abuse, but eventually got clean but the damage was done.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm watching this now. Hopefully find out a little more about the guy.

In this podcast he flat out stated his big influence was the understated wayJoe Buck did play by play. Seriously? I’ve heard this dude and he treats cliched play by play like he just invented it. I broke my jaw yawning over this hire. And if you watched the entire interview it’s painfully obvious he has NO CLUE what trying to connect with the belly of the beast known as Gator Nation is about….he will get a VERY rude and unpleasant awakening after he low balls his game calls after 33 years of Mick. They yanked this hack from the depths of The Tulane Green Wave and the NO Pelicans? Jezus Chryst what a mess of a hire….

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In this podcast he flat out stated his big influence was the understated wayJoe Buck did play by play. Seriously? I’ve heard this dude and he treats cliched play by play like he just invented it. I broke my jaw yawning over this hire. And if you watched the entire interview it’s painfully obvious he has NO CLUE what trying to connect with the belly of the beast known as Gator Nation is about….he will get a VERY rude and unpleasant awakening after he low balls his game calls after 33 years of Mick. They yanked this hack from the depths of The Tulane Green Wave and the NO Pelicans? Jezus Chryst what a mess of a hire….
So, you don’t like the hire?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My biggest complaint...why not a Gator...IF UF is elite...hire a UF grad from broadcasting...or a player?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I just wish I knew how you really feel.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My biggest complaint...why not a Gator...IF UF is elite...hire a UF grad from broadcasting...or a player?
I wasn’t thrilled when they hired Mick because I really liked David Steele. Mick absolutely grew on me to the point that I wanted to sync my TV with the radio broadcast and enjoyed the rare time that radio in the car or wherever was my only option.

With that in mind, this guy seems like a piece of buttered toast, not bad but bland. Generic. We’ll see if he develops a winning style for us.

I’d love to have Bates or SOMEONE replace Lee McGriff. He’s ok but too often sounds like he’s talking to a 5-year-old. The “color” he adds is beige. Bates would be awesome but that’s probably too small of a gig for him. There has to me a former player who could jazz it up. Just not James Jones or Nat Moore.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Brandon Spikes. Has his Kava bar in Hogtown now, and would definitely keep the new yankee in line.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Brandon Spikes. Has his Kava bar in Hogtown now, and would definitely keep the new yankee in line.
Technically, not a yankee. He's from Missouri, which was a border state and had divided loyalties during the Civil War.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Technically, not a yankee. He's from Missouri, which was a border state and had divided loyalties during the Civil War.

He's not a bad guy. He was even a volunteer fireman on the North Shore...where I live. He was big with the N.O. sports scene...I get the resume.. not bad...nice guy.

But again...@Detroitgator tried to call be out with UF's rankings...Then why aren't our broadcast grads or former players ...or even both... good enough for this position? ROI?...What about loyalty?

What good is that elite degree if it can't even get you a job at your former almamater?...Just sayin

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda like Napier. Haven't even had a game yet. Get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator