Season stats for 2017

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://floridagators.com/documents/2017/9/2/2017_Football_Cumulative_Stats.pdf

Rushing: We actually out rushed our opponents a little bit and averaged 156 yards rushing per game. Not that great but much better than our terrible passing game. I think this was the opposite of last season where the rushing game produced much less than the passing game compared to other teams. Malik Davis had 526 yards in his limited time while Perine had 562 yards. Davis average per carry was much better at 6.7 yards to only 4.1 yards for Perine.

Passing: We ended up averaging 179.5 yards passing a game which was a big dropoff from last season's 215 yards a game. Franks completed 54.6% of his passes for 1,438 yards. The team only averaged 6.3 yards per pass attempted while our opponents averaged 8 yards per pass attempt. Cleveland was the leader in yards with 410 yards while Powell had nearly double the catches (42) for 406 yards. Our leading TE in yards was Moral Stephens with just 141 yards. Goolsby was 2nd with only 105 yards.

Special Teams: Our opponents had better kick returns on average than us the few times they were able to return one and it looks like they averaged about double what we did in punt return yards.

One stat that stuck out was we actually ran 42 more offensive plays than our opponents this season. Muschamp would have been a little proud I guess.

Trying to think if we had a season in recent times where no receiver had 500 yards and no RB had 600 yards.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather listen to my wife breakdown the latest season of Real Housewives than re-live anything from the Mac era.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather listen to my wife breakdown the latest season of Real Housewives than re-live anything from the Mac era.

Those that don't learn from the past are...... and Mac evidently didn't learn that. The new coach might be better off not even looking at it hardly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.