Seaux Close, Yet Seaux Far

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok so I get the put the time back on the clock call, but was that not targeting that caused the last INT (I am not trying to defend JD becasue even this pumper is done trying to)?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n79409 said:
Ok so I get the put the time back on the clock call, but was that not targeting that caused the last INT (I am not trying to defend JD becasue even this pumper is done trying to)?

The last Int wasn't on targeting, but the targeting was potentially there. It should have at least been reviewed. The int was a cause of a correct pre-snap read followed by an incorrect post snap read, and a receiver who got aligator arms and didn't follow through on his route. They are two different issues on the same play.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with above. I think it was targeting, but targeting didn't cause the INT.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I appologize, that is what I was trying to say. The INT was not caused by the targeting, but there was targeting on the play. Therefore the INT should not have counted. I know I shouldn't cry over spilled milk, but with that and A LOT of other bad calls I think we were screwed over. I saw maybe 4-5 plays were the refs gave LSU favorable spots and gave us horrible spots to name a few. Anyways this might be what we needed at least we will see Harris next week and maybe we can turn in a couple of wins.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Even with what may be perceived as a "better" game by Driskel, this is all that matters and sums up his inability to play the position at Florida:

As for Driskel, the 6-foot-4, 235-pound junior from Oviedo has been up and down since leading the Gators to a pair of wins over Eastern Michigan and Kentucky to start the season.

In those two games, Driskel completed 56 of 98 passes (57.1 percent) for 543 yards, four touchdowns and an interception. Over the last three games – losses to Alabama and LSU and the win at Tennessee – Driskel is 34 of 76 (44.7 percent) for 335 yards, seven interceptions and two touchdowns.
SOURCE: http://www.gatorzone.com

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n79144 said:
Yet some people think, after seeing us struggle against three of the weakest teams in the SEC, that we are on our way to Atlanta. Amazing.

I tend to not agree with this, however, isn't some of that point of view really a reflection of how awful the SEC East is, and not necessarily that we are good enough to get there? More like a stumbling into the game, rather than earning it.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have to disagree with the assessment of Driskel's performance. Before the long completion he was deep into the 4th quarter with under 100 yds passing and entered the 4th quarter with 58 yds passing. The best that could be said of his performance up to that point was he hadn't made the crucial error....yet. The long completion was his best throw by far but I have zero expectation that one throw evidences more than 4-years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator