Sebring 12hr race postponed until Nov11

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Gator-Don, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Gator-Don

Gator-Don The Master of Sparks and Fire
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $253
    Ratings:
    +337 / -9
    That is all.

2. Bait'n Gator

Bait'n Gator Go away..... bait'n
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $5,945
    Ratings:
    +8,209 / -191
    I feel much better now knowing I'm not the only one who has no idea what the fck Don is talking about.:lol:

78 Dazed and Confused
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $15,504
      Ratings:
      +21,985 / -1,154
      Till November due to the travel ban. Bummer. Had planned to go.

• Bullag8r

Bullag8r Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $874
      Ratings:
      +1,256 / -55
      Sebring is awesome. I went to Sebring High from 65-69. The last year I went was 72. At that time the technical qualifying was held in downtown Sebring and we got out of school for a day to watch the Ford GT 40s, Ferraris, Porches, Chaparral, Corvettes, etc drive around downtown from one staging area to another. My father was the track auditor and I always had passes to go anywhere on the track. Got to see all the celebrities like Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, James Garner, Mario Andretti and many, many others. One of those years McQueen had a broken ankle and a cast on his clutch foot and still took 3rd place. In 69, Roger Penske and his driver Mark Donahue flew into the airport a couple of nights before the race and crashed in a ditch on their way to town. A friend of mine gave them a ride to town and they put him on the pit crew for the race. Lots and lots of stories most of which involved my severe inebriation

78 Dazed and Confused
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $15,504
        Ratings:
        +21,985 / -1,154
        Been to eight 12 hours events, two as a member of the working media. There’s nothing like it. The weather is fabulous, the converted airport track winding and challenging, the field full of prototypes and all sorts of exotic race cars. One big party. The place is just a blast.

• Gator-Don

Gator-Don The Master of Sparks and Fire
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $253
          Ratings:
          +337 / -9
          It's a long standing tradition with a group of very fun friends to camp out and party together. I've been to seven Sebring races and have enjoyed them more than any of the other road racing venues.

A real Florida treasure.

#6 Gator-Don, Mar 18, 2020
          Last edited: Mar 18, 2020