SEC bowl record

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Only a dysfunctional TAM has lost so far.

There are 6 games left and the SEC looks good in 5 of those match-ups........ Guess which one doesn't?

I think the SEC will go 8 -3.... (TAM, UGA, UF)

Let's go Gators, prove me wrong!

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
Only a dysfunctional TAM has lost so far.

There are 6 games left and the SEC looks good in 5 of those match-ups........ Guess which one doesn't?

I think the SEC will go 8 -3.... (TAM, UGA, UF)

Let's go Gators, prove me wrong!
All SEC West teams, too. They won't be going 2-5 this bowl season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see the dominance and want it to continue into tonight.
Sports media folks dissing the SEC as has-beens due to last year
should eat crow with crap sauce.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5 - 2 now......

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF is is the terrible team in the country, our coaches sucj

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Scott Rabalais: As Ole Miss cruises to a Sugar Bowl rout, it’s clear the SEC is flexing its muscle again

...the SEC is back to doing SEC things in bowls: flexing brawny muscles, flying around like Usain Bolt chasing a gold medal, and of course about to play for yet another national title.

Ole Miss’ 48-20 rout of Oklahoma State made the SEC 6-2 in bowl games with two more to come Saturday (Georgia in the TaxSlayer, Arkansas in the Liberty) before Alabama takes on Clemson in the CFP National Championship Game on Jan. 11.

The SEC is again on the postseason warpath, and the rest of the nation simply has to deal.

The chant went up midway through the fourth quarter here from the Hoddy Toddy wholly happy Ole Miss sections, echoing off the mostly empty Oklahoma State precincts across the field.

“S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!”

It’s music to a certain conference commissioner’s ears.

“SEC chant is enjoyable part of the job,” SEC chieftain Greg Sankey tweeted late New Year’s Eve night after Alabama finished stuffing Big Ten champ Michigan State into a champagne bottle. “Heard Tuesday in Houston (where LSU won the Texas Bowl), Wednesday in Charlotte, Arlington tonight …”

And New Orleans on Friday. The Las Vegas oddsmakers make Bama’s fans a touchdown fave to be chanting in victory in Glendale, Arizona, two Mondays hence.

Sure, the SEC has taken a couple of lumps. Texas A&M lost 27-21 to Louisville in the Music City Bowl and Florida got stampeded by Michigan 41-7 in the Citrus Bowl. But the Aggies offense is in desperate need of some therapy — this just in: a third A&M quarterback just transferred and a fourth has joined a monastery — and the Gators are a one-handed beast with the way their offense has devolved into guava jelly late in the season.

Overall, though, the SEC is back in a big, bad way.

full-
http://theadvocate.com/sports/lates...-its-clear-the-sec-is-flexing-its-muscle-agai

===

Although the last sentence disqualifies this write-up.
Our O has devolved late this season? Try the past 3-4 years, pal.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Michael Priest ‏@mpriest63 2m2 minutes ago
SEC football with 8-2 bowl record, breaking their own record for most wins by a conference in a bowl season. #SECPrid

Tim Horton ‏@CoachTimHorton 25m25 minutes ago
NCAA record 8 bowl wins by @SECfootball! With best players, coaches & support that's no surprise. #WarEagle #SEC

SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 3m3 minutes ago
The MOST conference bowl wins in NCAA History! SEC Bowl Record: 8-2 START. THE. CHANT. #SEC #SEC #SEC #SEC #SEC

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Short sighted, reactionary, and jealous/envy for our own failure I suppose.
no matter, this childish view is in the minority.

From an LSU fan:

re: Origins of the SEC! SEC! SEC! chant(Posted on 4/14/12 at 3:34 pm to dbt_Geaux_Tigers_196)

The Florida players and fans chanted it after they beat FlState in the 96 Sugar Bowl. I also remember seeing a great interview after that year's SEC Championship game where a reporter asked a couple Florida players about them being the only one of the Florida Big Three not to have a championship (FlState & Miami had recently won theirs).

"None of them have ever won an SEC Championship", they answered.

They meant it and they believed it meant more to win the SEC than it did for team winning a MNC by running the table in an inferior conference.
I was proud of them for saying it and I remember wanting to go to a game and chant it after that.

I didn't get to do it until the 2001 Peach Bowl when LSU beat Georgia Tech. Have done it at every bowl game I've been to since then.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, proud of the league this bowl season. The SEC is the best of the best and is proving it this bowl season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is interesting the comradery that is shared among so many fans/players in the SEC considering there are so many bitter rivalries.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is interesting the comradery that is shared among so many fans/players in the SEC considering there are so many bitter rivalries.
We are a strange conference, huh?:lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Conference went 8-2. When you're part of the 8 it makes sense to feel pride in the conference's dominance. But when you're one of the 2 losers it's best to just STFU and hope for a better finish next year.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll "cheer" for all of the other SEC teams in the post season.....

...except slUT and UGAy.

Screw UT & **** Jawja.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ok that the conference did well. Not so proud of our -2 part of that record.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Short sighted, reactionary, and jealous/envy for our own failure I suppose.
no matter, this childish view is in the minority.

From an LSU fan:

This is cool. I generally pull for any SEC team playing a non-conference opponent. Usually a strong SEC conference makes us look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.