SEC, sans divisions, going with 8-game conference slate in '24

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Translation: Saban and Alabama cried enough and it stayed at 8 games. I fully expect Bammer and UGA to get preferential treatment. Guarantee you UF will be playing in Austin or Norman, maybe in the conference opener for either. Also of note, Texas first open date for conference game is 9/21, Oklahoma is 9/7, both play out of conference on 9/14.

UF:
8/31/24 MIAMI
9/7/24 SAMFORD
10/5/24. UCF
11/30/24. at Evil Nole

Last edited:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i'll be honest, i think we need to focus on getting a coach that understands you need to outscore the other team. These TOP, ball control, KISS method coaches will never get us back to the top. Have that coach hire a DC that hates, i mean hates, the Bend (over and take it dry) don't break mind set. I want a dominate defense that scares who ever on the other team has the ball that he's going to get hurt...

then we can get in to the 8 or 9 game schedule and how it impacts the expanded playoff and bowl games

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure it’ll be 9 games in 2025. Has to happen if they want to keep the seats full. Nobody gives a sh*t about playing Eastern Washington or Famu.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good move. The divisions made sense at first but not anymore.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I absolutely hate the mega conference model. Should’ve stayed at 12, but I guess I’m just an angry old man, yelling at clouds.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I absolutely hate the mega conference model. Should’ve stayed at 12, but I guess I’m just an angry old man, yelling at clouds.
I’m with you, I’ve often said Mizzou adds nothing to the conference (A&M is pretty cool though) send those toothless in bread meth infused hillbillies back to the big 12 where they belong

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The SEC won’t be the SEC anymore. Might as well change the name, especially if they add ACC teams.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
I like the idea of eliminating divisions, would lead to a lot more games against good SECW teams. We should be consistently good enough that UK, Vandy, USCe, and Mizzou aren't really rivalries, so there's no point in playing them every year beyond schedule padding. Swapping out half those games for West teams would be a lot better to watch.

Would rather have 9 games with 3 permanent opponents than 8/1, but if we're going to end up losing both UTn and LSU as annual rivals regardless and not picking up someone like Auburn who we actually have a historic rivalry with, then I don't really care about just UGA vs UGA and two irrelevant schools.

We should be playing UGA, UTn, and one of UK, Vandy, or USCe every year and everyone else every other year. The Oklahoma pairing rumored a couple of months ago sucked and didn't add anything.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be shocked if we play in the SEC Championship game even once in the next 15 years let alone win one. All of these teams will finish ahead of us in most every year:
Alabama
LSU
Georgia
Auburn
Texas
Oklahoma

Then there are those that will be competing with us for SEVENTH place:
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Arkansas

Suddenly the "honey do" list and spending time with your bored and annoyed teenagers doesn't look so bad for a Saturday.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
you actually watched that debacle. I knew when many bailed on it we were fckkdd.......as for the future I always look forward to it with excitement. Lookiing back is for the miserable,............

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb