SEC schedule and start date

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This conference is run out of Birmingham, of course the SEC/ACC games were going to be dropped.

Can't wait for the day UF wises up and bails on this crap conference.

I’ve made my contention clear in despising the rest of the SEC and its good ole boy system that has always favored a select group, most notably several rivals. I was shown at an early age how that “fraternal” element is a joke.

That said, I have no desire to leave the conference. I’d much rather we simply return to the days when, despite those inherent disadvantages and being the odd man out, we slowly drug our testicular region across the faces of opponents each week en route to championships.

When/if we get back to having an AD and staff determined to settle for nothing less, we may just do that. But the fact that they have the audacity to even roll out this likely fantasy schedule to Stricklin confirms to me that we currently do not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We should have one representative from each team play in a winner take all e-sports tournament. I say Mario Kart.
I imagine the geeks would be so much happier.

can't be Mario kart though it has to be Minecraft or something slightly more modern.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Much ado about nothing. There won't be a season, Gatorchatter.
Most of you pussies will come out of your basements once the govt shuts off the Platinum Unemployment.

Wish theyd lay off most of the teachers and govt workers next.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Most of you pussies will come out of your basements once the govt shuts off the Platinum Unemployment.

Wish theyd lay off most of the teachers and govt workers next.

No need for the name calling. FWIW, I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones as I have been working full-time since the whole world shut down in March. And no, I don't work for the government.

And also no, I'm not happy that there will not be a season. It was more a matter of fact statement. I'm just accepting the reality... as crappy as it may be.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
We get Bama & aTm
UGA gets Arky & Cowbell
LSU gets Kintucky & Toothless
Bama gets us and Bandy
aTm gets us and Meth U

Anyone else see a pattern here?

I figure something like this will happen. We will get the shaft while UGA (who already has Bama), will get cupcakes. Although, it doesn’t really matter if we can’t beat UGA anyway.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Stop being afraid of Bama and A&M. Bring 'em on!

Not a matter of being afraid. It’s more of a feeling of that the harder the road, the more likely we get beat up and lose some we shouldn’t.

Or is comparing the SEC grind to the ACC grind (same concept) just being scared of playing in the SEC?

No, it’s basically an observation of setting up a cakewalk vs. setting up for failure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a matter of being afraid. It’s more of a feeling of that the harder the road, the more likely we get beat up and lose some we shouldn’t.
We wont be losing ones we shouldnt.

We will be told after the losses that we're just losing the ones that everyone expected us to lose anyway.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Apparently the rumored schedule isn't set in stone, and neither is cancelling the FSU game. Apparently....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb