SEC suspends trading in 15 securities due to 'questionable' social media activity

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. securities regulator on Friday suspended trading in the securities of 15 companies because of "questionable trading and social media activity," the latest in a string of temporary trading halts amid volatile trading in so-called "meme stocks."

The Securities and Exchange Commission acted because none of the companies have filed any information with the regulator for over a year, it said in a statement. This is the regulator's third and largest wave of suspensions in response to social media activity.

Retail interest in certain stocks, most notably GameStop Corp, has surged in a social media frenzy, leading to volatile trading.

The SEC is continuing to review market and trading data to spot other securities to "to potential attempts to exploit investors during the recent market volatility," the agency said on Friday.

Affected Stocks:

BBDA BLSP EHOS EVTI AXCG GYOG HLXW IPWG MRIB MEDT NTLK PTTN PTAH DKGR and WOFA.

The SEC also recently issued orders temporarily suspending trading in BNGI UNGS PDPR ABVG HYII and SCIE.

Each of these orders stated that the suspensions were due at least in part to questions about whether social media accounts have been attempting to artificially increase the companies' share price.

U.S. SEC suspends trading in 15 securities due to 'questionable' social media activity

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
People are finally getting scared. I warned of this before the election and some shrugged it off BUT here is reality....communism in it's finest form carried out by the lying sack of sh!t Powell who is trying to cover for what this new regime is installing. Tell me you don't think people are realizing the effects of what the stimulus really means? New minimum wage means 25% more of the small businesses that survived will now also be doomed...meanwhile the Costco's of the world gladly raised their minimum wage to $16 per hour knowing that they will cut everyones hours back to the minimum of 32 hours and move others to part time status....does this remind anyone of 2009 on steroids?

Now their going to control what you can invest in....check out gold and silver and look at the squeeze there. They are forcing the price down so those holding ANYTHING of value will sell...crypto is next...

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have one of these, BLSP. I have about $800 worth, I'm down about 25+% (I was up over 50% at one point).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
These are all Pink sheet or Over the Counter Bulletin Board stocks I believe. Known in the past as penny stocks. Does not mean they are not legit companies just that filing rules are different and disclosures are different. Often difficult to get info on them. Also many are thinly traded so perhaps they think manipulation is easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator