Seedy and CD's little girl is getting hitched, hit 'em with your best wedding tips

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve seen some of the budgets for these huge weddings.
Quite a few are over 6 figures.
Beach front 12 bedroom house rented for 10 days for a huge wedding on the beach.
It’s crazy what some people are willing to spend on a wedding.

I’ve paid for two weddings.
One was around 35,000
Second one was about $2,000
My youngest, wanted something a lot less elaborate.

I don’t remember exactly what mine was all said, but it was a lot less than most of our peers because of how we approached it. All the couples that did really, really expensive ones got divorced. Our closest friends were a couple where the husband had a good business but the wife’s family was scraping by. The groom’s family insisted on going all out with the Rolls, a two week honeymoon in Italy, etc. The family spent a fortune in cash and the groom himself footed the last 40k on credit. Started off their marriage with 40 grand in debt. They did well, but it was still unnecessary. Anyway, it didn’t last. I don’t think it’s a perfect science, and don’t mean to imply that, but I do think many people get swept up in the event without realizing what it’s all about.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
$35,000?!?
Yikes
Duuuuude.

That's nuthin.

You need to check out a traditional 3-day Indian wedding complete with an elephant.

The food costs more than $35K.

iu

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, just wow!

How did you find this wedding photo of me and seedy? :dunno:
You could have at least put the obligatory “makeup” on my face.
Stumbled upon it at a sight called “Sopchoppy Memories.”

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
we spent it all on a 2 week honeymoon on 3 islands in Hawaii instead of a traditional wedding. If I recall, it was $10k but worth every bit. No regrets. My dress was $50. The morning of I went to the salon and they did my makeup (looks good, huh?) and put a crown of Hawaiian flowers in my hair. They did pics for us in the garden and on the beach. Took Seedy’s parents to a luau that night for dinner .

284E9408-D794-439E-B232-A27A65DF2258.jpeg F9D736FE-4F6C-4F3B-9177-C16C8B2D0089.jpeg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
we spent it all on a 2 week honeymoon on 3 islands in Hawaii instead of a traditional wedding. If I recall, it was $10k but worth every bit. No regrets. My dress was $50. The morning of I went to the salon and they did my makeup (looks good, huh?) and put a crown of Hawaiian flowers in my hair. They did pics for us in the garden and on the beach. Took Seedy’s parents to a luau that night for dinner .

View attachment 57489 View attachment 57490
@soflagator is gonna lose his sh*t over those pleated khakis. Not to mention…
Embarrassed Jerry Seinfeld GIF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Not to be rude, but you two are some weird looking people :lol:

Location looks nice though :)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Big like, but questions…same groom in pic 2 as pic 1? Haircut? Second marriage, same venue? Black Widow? :dunno:

:lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Big like, but questions…same groom in pic 2 as pic 1? Haircut? Second marriage, same venue? Black Widow? :dunno:

:lol:
yes, same groom. Shave and a haircut in between photos. You know how guys can get fussy about what they look like in photos. :lol:

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I noticed that Seedy hasn't posted in this thread. We're gonna need you to provide proof that he is still among the living... :popcorn:
I noticed that too. Maybe he's in denial. :dunno:

Funny you should ask about proof of life today. Just this morning before work I had Seedy hoisted up in the bucket of the tractor so he could use the 13' pole saw to trim the tree limbs hanging over the garden. I asked him to please not die today as I'm not prepared to take on your conference calls in an hour. :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I noticed that too. Maybe he's in denial. :dunno:

Funny you should ask about proof of life today. Just this morning before work I had Seedy hoisted up in the bucket of the tractor so he could use the 13' pole saw to trim the tree limbs hanging over the garden. I asked him to please not die today as I'm not prepared to take on your conference calls in an hour. :lol:
You both should know better than to raise him up in the bucket like that. It's much too dangerous. Next time, have him put a 24' extension ladder in the bucket so he can climb that and use a simple chainsaw rather than the pole saw.

Something like this...

WomenLiveLonger3.jpg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You both should know better than to raise him up in the bucket like that. It's much too dangerous. Next time, have him put a 24' extension ladder in the bucket so he can climb that and use a simple chainsaw rather than the pole saw.

Something like this...

WomenLiveLonger3.jpg
Why men die younger than women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.