Senior Bowl

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if it deserves it's own thread or not, but Perine just scored the first TD of the game on a pass from Herbert.
Van has a 34 yd kick return and a 5 yd reception.
First quarter is over. Gators showing out well.
:chomp:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2nd qtr
Hurts and Patterson both had interceptions. :lol:
Van just picked up another 6 yd catch for a first down, his second catch for a first down.
Perine getting 7, 8 and 4 on his last three carries,

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
2nd qtr
Hurts and Patterson both had interceptions. :lol:
Van just picked up another 6 yd catch for a first down, his second catch for a first down.
Perine getting 7, 8 and 4 on his last three carries,

Thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming! :)

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’m a little dumb but how the hell are players from Oregon on the south and SCUM and Texas schools on the North? Does it have to do with evening out positions?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I’m a little dumb but how the hell are players from Oregon on the south and SCUM and Texas schools on the North? Does it have to do with evening out positions?

Yes. years ago these all star games used to be more geographically divided, but depending on which payers they invite, they then have to make sure each side has enough at each position. It seems strange but it allows for the best players you can get and then you can divide up the teams. Same as the NBA all star game. it is not East vs. West. They select captains and starters, but then the captains pick from the players who were voted into or named to the game. In the case of these college games it is probably difficult to have great stats in the game, so I assume the practices are the most important from the scouts angle.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Eugene is in southernish Oregon. :dunno:
But if the South didn't have Herbert, they'd be getting a worse beat down than what's currently happenting.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. years ago these all star games used to be more geographically divided, but depending on which payers they invite, they then have to make sure each side has enough at each position. It seems strange but it allows for the best players you can get and then you can divide up the teams. Same as the NBA all star game. it is not East vs. West. They select captains and starters, but then the captains pick from the players who were voted into or named to the game. In the case of these college games it is probably difficult to have great stats in the game, so I assume the practices are the most important from the scouts angle.
And both Jefferson and Perine got practice player of the week for their positions.
:chomp:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Summary:
1, The South QBs sucked other than Mr. Humphrey's.
2. The South Defense sucked. No stats for our boys on D. :(

Final stats for Perine and Van:

Perine
7 carries for 42 yds
2 cathes for 17 yds and a TD

Van
2 catches for 11 yds, both for first downs
1 KR for 34 yds

Nothing on Cleve (see #1 above)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The defensive side of the ball in these games is limited. To get the scouts eyes, they have to do it in practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.