Serena meltdown

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
THERE IS A RULE FOR THAT. I get that you do not understand that or that it is a "coach" that does the "coaching" and not the player and that maybe, just maybe, they use signals to do so, like a thumbs up means something else, like in baseball. I've seen it a MILLION times in person. Your coach is YOU and thus YOU get the penalty PER the rules. Again, I get your ignorance, it's OK.

My "nice comeback" is because it is clear that detailing it for you wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Just because it is a rule doesn’t make it logical. Did the catch rule in the NFL make sense? No. They amended it after receiving enough backlash. After the match, the broadcasters repeatedly stated that players receive coaching ALL THE TIME and are rarely penalized for it. Rules are not bible. If they don’t make sense, they should be changed.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Just because it is a rule doesn’t make it logical. Did the catch rule in the NFL make sense? No. They amended it after receiving enough backlash. After the match, the broadcasters repeatedly stated that players receive coaching ALL THE TIME and are rarely penalized for it. Rules are not bible. If they don’t make sense, they should be changed.

And until they are changed, they need to be followed. Pretty simple.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Good, you're making progress, but you're sliding your argument (stunner). Now, who is calling for a rule change? Hint: no one. Guess how many USTA Junior Tournaments I've been to where either I or another parent has said to another parent or coach (often the same person), "Don't do that again, you know it's against the rules."

Either put the Coach on the players bench and allow them to coach, or keep the rule. I'll stay in the camp that says, "Once you set foot on the court, it's between the two of you to figure out."

PS Guess which coach is usually breaking the rules? The one who's player is getting their ass kicked.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A bunch of choir boys in here. Glad you guys love the rules so much :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A bunch of choir boys in here. Glad you guys love the rules so much :lol:
Nah, but if you're going to cheat, and she did, you gotta be better/smarter than that. I'm sure Ramos watched it going on for a set and a half and finally got tired of it.

There were dad's I wanted to punch in the ****ing face and it was typically the same ones over and over. I remember my son finally smoking a kid that had beat him several times before and my son said to him, "Don't look over at your dad, he can't help you anymore, you're done." Same dad once caught me catching him signalling, then he grabbed his lower back and started talking about pain or some ****. She cheated, Ramos got tired of it.

Bayougator

Aug 17, 2018
Send this thread to the dungeon. There are some moronic opinions in here. The stupidity is obviously contagious.

Alcoholica is an appropriate username because you come across like a drunk. Obviously, you can’t just accept greatness when it’s staring you in the face. You’re so butthurt it’s not even funny. The fact that this woman is so good is obviously triggering for you. Osaka even said Serena was her idol.

Bama&GatorFan thinks someone needs to be a “good sport” to be the greatest of all time. Really? So, by that logic, Nick Saban is an absolute piece of ****. Oh, he’s not because he’s a man and he’s allowed to be an ******* and throw tantrums? Ah, I see! Go back and think that argument over in your trailer and make sure you run it by your sister/wife.

Wow.....the mods let you get away with these personal attacks?
Calm down, man...it's just a discussion.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Definitely not defending Serena, but it is fascinating how desperately champions hate to lose. I once had a very able student who was a teaching assistant .She graded some lab reports wrong. Several good students told her. She refused to listen. They came to me, her supervisor. I told her. She never could say she was wrong. Finally, said "Well, I suppose the question could be read that way." She later earned both a Ph. D. and an M.D. from Vanderbilt. But she could not face being wrong. Serena has that problem, but then so did our own SOS.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Definitely not defending Serena, but it is fascinating how desperately champions hate to lose. I once had a very able student who was a teaching assistant .She graded some lab reports wrong. Several good students told her. She refused to listen. They came to me, her supervisor. I told her. She never could say she was wrong. Finally, said "Well, I suppose the question could be read that way." She later earned both a Ph. D. and an M.D. from Vanderbilt. But she could not face being wrong. Serena has that problem, but then so did our own SOS.

I wouldn't want her for my doctor.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I wouldn't want her for my doctor.
Interesting thing to me, Joe, is that she was a short, dumpy, and very ordinary woman. But she decided that she was beautiful and wanted to be elected a senior beauty by the university. I thought that ridiculous on a campus overflowing with gorgeous women. But she campaigned and believed so strongly in herself and her beauty that she was indeed elected.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Agreed, but it’s how you handle getting beat (especially when it’s age related) and we need look no further than how Federer handled his loss, and he barely made it in the tunnel before going down. Every real competitor hates to lose, but I wouldn’t inject SOS as we don’t have an apples to apples comparison in terms of rules violations and prescribed penalties

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Agreed, but it’s how you handle getting beat (especially when it’s age related) and we need look no further than how Federer handled his loss, and he barely made it in the tunnel before going down. Every real competitor hates to lose, but I wouldn’t inject SOS as we don’t have an apples to apples comparison in terms of rules violations and prescribed penalties
Fair enough, but Federee is classy in a way few can match. I would say, maybe, Tebow or Wuerffel but you made it clear you didn't want apples compared to oranges. If you have followed Serena over the years, you may have noticed a slight improvement. Sometimes she can congratulate a winner on her play, although she still can't convince you that she means it.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Yeah, I am actually. You’re clearly an old white guy. It’s pretty obvious. I don’t even need to ask.

Right...and its always whitey whose racist right? Get outta here. You had to go and ding me because you're butthurt over people not buying into your perpetual victimhood.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I am actually. You’re clearly an old white guy. It’s pretty obvious. I don’t even need to ask.
You’re normally a great poster, but you’re dead wrong on this subject, buddy. I suspect you’re just too big of a fan to be able to look at it objectively. Serena is soley responsible for this embarrassing episode due to her behavior.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right...and its always whitey whose racist right? Get outta here. You had to go and ding me because you're butthurt over people not buying into your perpetual victimhood.

I never said “race” or “racist” once. If I were arguing anything, it had more to do with sexism. Comprehension clearly isn’t your strong suit. You can keep misinterpreting my argument if you want. You’ve obviously been triggered. I’m sorry I touched a nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.