Shannon new DC

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It was because he was offered by 10 other schools and Mac realized last minute he was a good D coordinator and we had an open spot on our roster so he gave him an offer...really came down to us and Bama

What was Bama going to offer him? They already have a D coordinator, unless he's leaving. Hopefully we've compensated Shannon well so he'll only leave us for a head coaching job if he gets offered one.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now that Side Hat is out of the way I think we'll see a difference. Heck with a depleted D Shannon gave different looks and had called a heckuva game. We may lose some but I think we'll still have a pretty good D.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He is the master of that. Master of all things recruiting and master of special teams, no doubt.

Man how I miss those special teams we had under him, blocking punts, returning kicks for TDs, faking punts for first downs, not giving up big returns, basically the opposite of what we've done with Mac. I don't even think we attempt to block a punt anymore it seems and we fair catch the ball inside our own 5. So poorly coached now it's pathetic. Is their anybody else currently on staff that could take over special teams when they get rid of Nord? If not, then who are some top guys we could go after?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah Gatoraid81, it seems to me that a young GA-coach could ferret out all writings (books) of veteran coaches
covering Special Teams techniques & "tricks". From that the GA could adopt/adapt that wisdom into his own
syllabus to drill into his ST players and make them effective. I realize that the main ingrediateMeyer had was
top speed. So seek out speed i.e. check on track stars that can be formed a bit into football-useful players.
I mean H.S. track stars who maybe were overlooked FB recruits. Boy those speed STs greatly increased fans
game excitement.

C'mon MacnCrew, make our guys tough in all aspects -- produce no azspectacles, especially at QB!

Jun 2, 2015
Maybe he's still secretly working for the "U"

I wish. We need all the help we can get. However, Coach Shannon is too honest and with high morals to be a spy. He was the one who warned the players about Shapiro and, in fact, banned him from the athletic facilities long before the proverbial sh$# hit the fan.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I wish. We need all the help we can get. However, Coach Shannon is too honest and with high morals to be a spy. He was the one who warned the players about Shapiro and, in fact, banned him from the athletic facilities long before the proverbial sh$# hit the fan.

Shannon has a lot of class, we're lucky to have him

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon's downfall was in large part to recruiting Jacory Harris. Harris had more pull with the players than Shannon did. Shannon didn't have the heart to cut the cancers out.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We have a coach who is on a neither hot nor cold seat
Law, is this what you were trying to say :), "I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other. You say, 'I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law, is this what you were trying to say :), "I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other. You say, 'I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth."
Oxking bringing The Word...

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It was because he was offered by 10 other schools and Mac realized last minute he was a good D coordinator and we had an open spot on our roster so he gave him an offer...really came down to us and Bama

I had not hear this before and please don't take offense but do you have any evidence? Bama was thinking of hiring him? Perhaps I am missing something here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law, is this what you were trying to say :), "I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot.."
Maybe, but the last DC was cold at both recruiting and playcalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator