Shooting at UVA

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Similar Report

He is accused of shooting five people on a bus at the Culbreth Garage parking deck on UVA Central Grounds at around 10:16 p.m. ET on Sunday. The shooting occurred on a bus following a class trip to see a play in Washington, DC, according to Longo.

Jones is an active student at Virginia but no longer a member of the football team. It appears he was last on the Cavs' roster in 2018.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

"Mr. Jones has also come to the attention of our threat assessment team because he was involved in a hazing investigation of some sort," Longo said. "I don’t know the facts and circumstances of that investigation. I know it was eventually closed due to witnesses who would not cooperate with the process. But through the course of the threat assessment team’s investigation, we learned of a prior criminal incident involving a concealed weapon violation that occurred outside the city of Charlottesville in February 2021. What’s interesting about that case if he’s required as a student at the University of Virginia to report that, and he never did, so the university has taken appropriate administrative charges through the university’s judiciary council, and that matter is still pending adjudication."

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
One of those kids he killed was 6'7" WR with tons of NFL potential.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Doubt it's gang-related.

Either retaliation for some extreme hazing, or them other boys ran a train on his girl, or maybe they were sharing video of him getting brokebacked.

Something like that makes more sense.

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The Washington Post initially posted that "He had a troubled childhood, but then he flourished".
They took that down pretty quickly.

"It was a mostly peaceful flourishing" one could say

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Evidently there was some trouble that had been brewing for awhile. He told one of the guys on the bus after he pushed him "you guys are always messing with me".

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014

"Mr. Jones has also come to the attention of our threat assessment team because he was involved in a hazing investigation of some sort," Longo said. "I don’t know the facts and circumstances of that investigation. I know it was eventually closed due to witnesses who would not cooperate with the process. But through the course of the threat assessment team’s investigation, we learned of a prior criminal incident involving a concealed weapon violation that occurred outside the city of Charlottesville in February 2021. What’s interesting about that case if he’s required as a student at the University of Virginia to report that, and he never did, so the university has taken appropriate administrative charges through the university’s judiciary council, and that matter is still pending adjudication."
A little too late for that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb